Tanky DPS ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMonkeyCourier

08-25-2010

I don't think you understand, OP. First of all, boots do VERY little in lane at the start when most harassing is done via autoattacks. The only case in which it is situationally useful is if an opponent overextends or you are counterganking down river and need to chase with your frost shot. Secondly, rushing a Banshee's is tantamount to announcing your uselessness to the enemy team as Ashe primarily functions directly after rushing her BF sword (and you NEED to rush your BF sword if you're playing against competent players) and directly after completing her Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer. Banshee's can come after the BF sword at the earliest unless you want to be nothing other than ****ty soft CC with no midgame farming potential.

As far as results explaining everything... Biomorph nailed it for me. Unlike him, I DO mean to demean you for even having the gall to assume that I'm brainless enough to actually fall for such a glaring logical fallacy.

GlitchedOut

08-25-2010

I'm still a believer in opening with sword + pot. At 585 gold you have the option to upgrade to mandreds. Mandreds is IMO a great early game item with long game upgradability. It's passive helps farm minions better, has a bit of armor to help defend against minions swatting you when you harrass the enemy, and lastly damage which stacks to your autoattack and volley. Mandreds upgrades to wiggles for lifesteal and free wards. Or you can upgrade it to the tank killer version.

I can usually farm 585 gold on ashe before the 6 minute mark and well before level 6. And while I usually wait till I have enough for Mandreds and boots before going back, it is an option that I can take depending on how the game goes.

Getting Catalyst early does nothing for Ashe's pre level 10 phase. If Ashe is doing her job right, last hitting only and turret hugging, there is no danger of being ganked so the health is not important. Volley is used to harrass and last hit, but again.. there is no reason to spam it as soon as its on CD. Spamming Volley leads to pushing your lane too hard and that is not what you want as Ashe. You want the enemy Hero at your turret, sufficiently harrassed to have 50% ish health when you hit level 6 and Enchanted arrow hit him, turn your frost arrows on, and chase and kill him before he runs back to his turret. Kill him, wack his tower, head back and spend your new found wealth.

AMonkeyCourier

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchedOut View Post
I'm still a believer in opening with sword + pot. At 585 gold you have the option to upgrade to mandreds. Mandreds is IMO a great early game item with long game upgradability. It's passive helps farm minions better, has a bit of armor to help defend against minions swatting you when you harrass the enemy, and lastly damage which stacks to your autoattack and volley. Mandreds upgrades to wiggles for lifesteal and free wards. Or you can upgrade it to the tank killer version.
Neuting as Ashe is a waste of time until you get to the point at which you can solo the golem with volleyspam and your BF sword. Why even bother with Madred's since you won't be trying to get attack speed for the Bloodrazor passive anyway?

GlitchedOut

08-25-2010

You realize you can solo the golem because of the glove? It's passive is 500 damage to minions. It's the 600 gold investment that returns itself fast. You dont' have to rush the Bloodrazor right away. I just use the glove as good opening item that lets me have options later and sooner

Cabelo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2010

I love tanky DPS

i always get Razors and GA with Warwick

biomorph

08-25-2010

I've tried a few Ashe builds and I will mention 3 of the most I find to be interesting. And just as a precondition ... as Ashe you start mid ... period. Ashe is pretty wasted on lanes in my opinion.

Starting with boots is not a bad idea but granted you have zero damage. The thing is that you can easier run in jab and get out, in other words harass without getting punished. So the builds I use I always start with boots 1 + 3 health pots.

Getting Catalyst does not do nothing for you. It does boost your durability and lane presence, granted this does not boost your damage you can still farm effectively by last hitting and you can take more hits. But once you get Catalyst you are obligated to get some damage asap. the strength in this build is durability and early presence.

Wriggles Lantern. Well ... I tried it a lot to test it and I reached the conclusion that it works. You become virtually omnipotent with a free ward on one side and firing Hawkshot on otherside. Teleporting on brush wards is fun. You tear up Heimer turrets and you do not have to resort to last hitting in order to farm. You have great lane presence and you can actually push lanes effectively. The problem is that you reach a point where you become not effective enough in group fights neither in terms of durability nor damage.

Rush BF Sword. This is like THE item for Ashe to rush. Getting BF early makes you tear up low HP toons given the state of the game. After getting BF I get Boots of Swiftness and Zeal. Many will argue that Zeal is not a good item for Ashe I disagree. It is cheap so you can get it early and you get increased movement speed which I find is invaluable for Ashe (being a kite queen) and 20% attack speed is a great addition for Ashe base attack speed. Lastly and not least is the crit chance. crit chanve on top of solid base damage is what makes a carry.

To recap my standard build for Ashe is:
- Boots of Swiftness.
- BF Sword.
- Zeal.

I should add that I always upgrade BF to IE at some point almost always after finishing my standard build. But Also I always get some survivability to go with my move speed at some point because the OP is right that you need to stay alive to deal damage.

Typical long games I have upgraded BF to IE, Zeal to Phantom, Added Bloodthrister, Banshee and something random depending on opponent team.

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

есть? Haha, are you russian? Bad build anyway. Cata > IE > LW > Banshees is the way to go.

PineapplePine

08-25-2010

Why don't you just grab the snowballing items then? Haha, all or nothing. Levi + Sword
If you get killed or assist and just remain not dying, you'll be tanky...lmfao

Mirax

Recruiter

08-25-2010

Derailing this by asking about my build order. Since it was mentioned above that a B.F sword is a must rush, my question is this.

I have been going early brutalizer, to help while I farm for said bf sword. This helps with the early game damage and it allows me the 15% cdr. Is this viable, or should my first two items be boots 2 and b.f. sword.

Secondly, In which order should I buy PD / Defense item. I have been getting the Banshees (or GA) after the IE. Should I be getting PD before banshees.

Keiren Sable

08-25-2010

So, I admit I'm not the most experienced LoL player, but I've been playing Ashe quite a bit and...

1) Rushing BF Sword? I'm not convinced, I tried this route for quite awhile, but honestly I find I have much better luck rushing a Brutalizer - the claim has been made that the actual damage output from a Brutalizer should be comparable to the first BF Sword - but I'm not sure about that... it's a solid ROI though (return on investment).

2) Phantom Dancers? And two of them at that? Ashe's Volley is her primary weapon, and Phantom Dancers is 3k gold that doesn't help Volley at all - if you need the movement speed, Zeal is often worth it... but other than a super auto-attack heavy team, PD are rather lackluster... perhaps a Force of Nature would be more appropriate? run speed and a ridiculous chunk of MR if you really don't want to get bursted down.