Tanky DPS ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ectb

08-25-2010

Hi guys
Recently I came to realize that a true DPS is an alive DPS.
Which leads to the following build

Spells:
flash & ghost

Items:

level1: Boots1 + hp pots + mana pots
(You should not be dying before level10, and lane well with you pots)

level10: Banshee veil + cloak of agility

1. Now you should be EXTREMELY hard to kill if you play wisely.
2. You may not deal a lot of damage per hit, but you can stay ALIVE and not having to constantly leave a team-fight for heal. i,e, you are the supporter of YOURSELF
3. Get a lizard when you're free.

level16: Infinite Edge
4. Your damage will NOT be huge since the enemies are building armor&hp.
5. But you're a great damage adder for your team during team-fights.

level18: Phantom dancer

6. You'll be a monster by now

40minutes+: Black cleaver/malady

Still unfinished?: Black cleaver/phantom dancer
7. The longer it takes the worse it is for you (and probably for your team)

Evaluation of my results

1. This play-style did NOT give me most kills in my team, but I had a lot of assists.
2. The objective = team win. Especially in ranked games. If you're after kills/fun, a heavy DPS ashe should do fine in normal games

AMonkeyCourier

08-25-2010

This is the normal Ashe build that everyone uses with no elaboration whatsoever and a ****ty opening build that is extremely harassable.

What is the point of this?

ectb

08-25-2010

The point of this build is
1. I assists team-fight longer than glass-cannons
2. I die less than most people
3. I achieved 9/2/9, 6/0/12, 2/0/14, 6/3/18, 4/0/9 last five games with this

ectb

08-25-2010

Actually I hardly see any (if any) DPS playing like this, and most of them did badly. I'm frustrated with team-mates playing DPS wrong and get negative kda.
Nevertheless, this will be my standard build for ashe, for a long time ^^

ectb

08-25-2010

I disagree that my opening build is anywhere near shiity.

1. Boots helps you dodge attacks, thus makes you less harassable, agree?
2. mana pots replenishes your mana and let you be more aggressive with volley, agree?
3. HP pots keeps you less vulnerable to harassing, and can save your life especially when poisoned, agree?

Therefore, I can't see how this build makes me <extremely harassable>? Educate me?

ectb

08-25-2010

Results explains everything:

KDA Won/lost Strategy

9/2/9 Won As above
6/0/12 Won As above
2/0/14 Won As above
6/3/18 Won As above
4/0/9 Won As above

biomorph

08-25-2010

The problem I find with this build is that it takes too long before you do any damage. A ashe with no damage items is nothing but a snare machine and a range initiator.
I'll grant however that this IS durable and it does make sense. However I would say that you can build Catalyst and then go for damage before you finish Banshee.
I have done so many times and it makes you better suitable for dishing out damage in mid game team fights and thus a greater asset for your team.
So I would advice you go Boots 1 + heal pots -> Catalyst -> Boots of Swiftness -> Damage (BF -> IE) -> Banshee.

Games often only last 30 minutes and I do not want to leave the battle field only with a good KDA.

If the game moves fast you want to stack up some damage and help your team mates by more than being able to take some damage. I play tank a lot and boy is it frustrating to watch those DPS hammer away and enemies are not loosing HP. And it is especially frustrating to watch a Ashe with no damage items since her damage potential is insane.

biomorph

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectb View Post
Results explains everything:
No they do not. They do not explain the environment. I've tried pure DPS build and NO surviability and got 23/3/12 but I was grouped with a newcomer friend of mine so I had that experience advantage (which is kinda unfair but the point remains). I've done a build with rushing catalyst, damage then banshee but got 2/9/11 because they had a insane pusher team and we were all squishies and it was solo queue.
Results do NOT explain everything but that is NOT to demean your score.

There is nothing better as Ashe than to have two tanks/pushers to hide behind and fling arrows at your enemies and not to stack damage would be to waste their effort protecting you.

Zi0nized

08-25-2010

Sorry but you have to get a DPS item after boots 1, else you will fail, regardless of the results you might have had.

Also not enough information which might make people think you played Ashe probably 10 games.

sasch0r

08-25-2010

so u always buy banshees?
u think u will be any tanky with this against a team with more than one physical carry..