Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

surrender/character/random thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

duewell

06-11-2012

ust a few thoughts. is there a way to implement tracking on characters in game and tie it to the surrender options? why would someone who has gone 1-12-2 in 20 minutes even be allowed to vote on the decision to surrender. can there be a death count and people over X amount of deaths at the 20 minute mark auto vote yes or be excluded from voting.

i am sure riot could decide what is an unacceptable amount of deaths in the first 20 minutes per player and remove those players right to refuse to surrender. at least in the ranked games. even in little league baseball there is a mercy slaughter rule regardless of how the players feel about it.

characters --- set a number of wins needed with a champ before you can use that champ in ranked or a set number of any normal wins before you can play in ranked. currently you can buy a bundle pack for 25 bucks and have 30 characters you have little or no clue how to play. hit lvl 30 and take them into ranked.

instead maybe you got X normal wins with character X ? you may now play that character X in ranked. it was a free week in normal and you got X wins with free champ X ? that is unlocked in ranked and you can play it during free week or buy it and play it whenever.

maybe a w.o.w. like set up where you select your lane instead of class and then riot can put top, mid, bottom, jungle together with a label under their name. nothing would be perfect, but lets narrow it down a bit

i would also like to see a non vote count as a yes vote in a ranked game. if they are active they can vote yes or no. afk people don't vote so why register a non vote as if they voted no? maybe add an abstain option and those who don't vote will abstain and the majority decision wins.

random character selection. there is a button there just like there is for any character. if someone makes no selection they should be kicked from the match. if they select random let it be random and they do not know who they get until the loading screen comes up. in ranked games the random button should be removed for all the same reasons free champs were removed from ranked.

duewell

PlayWithMe69

06-11-2012

If you even have surrendering in mind during a ranked game, stop playing ranked.

Selcopa

06-11-2012

OP: No

Swooshter

06-11-2012

Quote:
PlayWithMe69:
If you even have surrendering in mind during a ranked game, stop playing ranked.

This. I never want to surrender in ranked, because you never know what will happen. The enemy might get cocky and get aced, allowing you to push and win.

Spetznazx

06-12-2012

Yeah but there are those times where it's 25-5 and the enemy team won't end it because they are having fun or your team is just not going to win or you have a feeder or you have a troll or a leaves.....there are many reasons wanting to surrender

Mehiran

06-12-2012

Surrender should be disabled in rank period. Yes sometimes a team will play with you a bit, but honestly you could just keep trying and when you die enough minions end it without them doing anything. Even when I believe it is over I keep on fighting on that small chance we make a comeback. Every time that surrender option pops up I am one of the people who always ends up a red bar, and I duo queue with people who do the same when I can.

mrcelophane

06-14-2012

I don't like the mercy/slaughter mode OP lays out, as it would be too hard to police since some supports take bullets for their carry and dont get kills or CS so their carry can get it, etc. Basically, there are times when a high death count and no kills, while not ideal, is acceptable.

But otherwise...not too bad of an idea. I don't like people trying out new chars in ranked, that seems wrong. Similar to that, they shouldn't be able to pick random. That button is for someone playing around, not playing seriously, as ranked players should. Furthermore, if you time out and get a random char, i know it is supposed to be a punishment for that player, but in ranked it has lasting implications past that game for the rest of the team as well.

Set number of wins in normal to use a character in ranked? I kinda like that. With the Acheivements coming out (hopefully soon) maybe that is something that could be implemented. Once you qualify with 16 champs (which should be something you can reasonably do by level 30) you can play ranked.

Eggroll9000

06-14-2012

I never surrender. If they want my nexus, they have to rip it from my talons. Any surrender vote that wins would be 4 and 1 cuz I never vote yes. Even if I'm down 0 to 150. I will fight. If you can hold out and get lucky and ace them late, that long respawn time is enough to win it even if you gotta push 3 towers to get there.

Also, if it's really late and they all have full builds, they're leveled off and their advantage starts diminishing. Even if you're stuck at your nexus fighting super minions, THEY'RE WORTH A LOT!! If the enemy trolls around or make a mistake, you'll be caught up in no time. Countless idiots think they can suddenly 1 v 5 when they're ahead. Ace for win. Never give up.

Idiots cry gg if the enemy gets first blood, or barely ahead 10 to 7. F*** those idiots. They signed up for a game, they're staying the full 45 mins till I win that freakin Nexus or lose in a blaze of glory ulting to my dying last breath.

NO SURRENDER!!!

DebosBike

06-14-2012

Don't scoff at a chance to still win no matter how slim it may be.