AD Malzahar - STOP THE HATE

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

06-13-2012

I still have nightmares about facing mollica's AD Malzahar...

...but that was just really bad matchmaking.

Videlicet Unus

08-26-2012

After seeing an AD Malzahar decimate a darius bot, I decided to try him out. CDR glyphs, arpen marks, AD quints, armor yellows. 15/15/0 with CDR in both. First time I tried him I slapped around a Jayce like it was a joke, then I beat a yorick bot (not as easy naturally). Unbelievable to me. He naturally assumed I was AP and built a hexdrinker first. Anyway, couldn't believe it. Kinda boring though. Btw build was boots 1, tear, manamune, glacial shroud, boots of lucidity, frozen heart, last whisper, maw of mortalis, thornmail. (swapped the lucidity for mercs after over CDR cap).

Kharlon

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
OMG what kind of awful nubcake plays Malzahar this way?
Believe it or not, but AD malz is one very tricky bot lane to play against, if you were unaware I believe that his minion gets a 1.0 ad ratio to its attacks.

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharlon View Post
Believe it or not, but AD malz is one very tricky bot lane to play against, if you were unaware I believe that his minion gets a 1.0 ad ratio to its attacks.
He's joking. Aparkhurst is an AD Malz player.

FOODFOOD

08-28-2012

To the OP, I'd trade out some of the CDR runes for AD or ArPen and get a Brutalizer in your build. You can still have some, but 14% isn't that necessary.

The best thing ever is when you don't tell your team you're going AD, then when you totally rock, your team looks at your items 5 minutes before the game is over and says "OMG AD Malz."

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Many people make the mistake that AD Malz is well.. AD. He deals about 50/50 magical and physical, as his spells are obviously magical and have pretty solid base damages. Besides, declaring himself 'AD' and taking a Tear,boots doesn't somehow change his damage into physical... Its not until he gets a manamune/brutalizer/hexdrinker that it starts kicking in.
Over time he transitions to more physical as his spells start to poop out and his autoattack/minions start dealing more of the damage.

But it puts the opponent in a tricky spot. If they dont build any MR, they take a lot of spammed spell damage. If they do, it slowly becomes less relevant.. vs Malz anyways.

Arcades79

08-28-2012

I prefer FoN to Odin's. The movement speed is helpful in avoiding ganks and the passive regen more than makes up for the lack of max hps in lane, especially as you get closer to the enemy tower and regen packs become more sparse (or going back for the mid one causes a break in the pressure).

My final build usually looks like:

Manamune
Last Whisper
Ionian
Frozen Heart
Force of Nature
(1) of: Randuins, Maw or Abyssal (if opponent is magic damage with heavy armor build)

HaIfhearted

08-28-2012

Yo Arcades79, for my final build, I'll usually get Frozen Mallet as my last item if I'm not too worried about a specific type of damage anymore.

The health synergizes nicely with the large amounts of resists you already have, and the slow means the enemy can't escape your Voidlings.

Catnium

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Robz View Post
Usually the hate comes after the second 4 man gank bot while my team still can't take top turret.

^this

Arcades79

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Yo Arcades79, for my final build, I'll usually get Frozen Mallet as my last item if I'm not too worried about a specific type of damage anymore.

The health synergizes nicely with the large amounts of resists you already have, and the slow means the enemy can't escape your Voidlings.
Frozen Mallet isn't bad, but Malz strength isn't staying in auto attack range. He can get blown up if his ult is down and he gets too close to a heavy damage dealer.

123456 ... 7