What support does

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elevator13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerofWords View Post
Tanks face many of the same problems. Let's make this a support/tank appreciation thread. Post a story of a time you were really glad to have a tank or support champ on your team, one that did its job well and just really made your day.
I had a really great ganking Amumu at one point. He jungled and went 12-5 or something by running around and raping lanes with his ult.

NyxPip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

I can't see why people don't understand tanks/supports aren't supposed to have the best KDR. Some won't even have that many assists if they don't have a stun (ie. Soraka). But that doesn't mean they suck.

I actually make sure to thank my support character every time they heal me in a tight spot. Or stun an enemy for me to lunge in and get the kill (When I'm playing a carry and not Morgana. In which case I'd usually be doing the stunning then.)

I also started playing support Morg and I've noticed few players that actually understand I am not trying to be a killing machine, I am trying to stun enemies, help people escape at the cost of my own KDR, lower enemy HP and then let a DPS character who isn't doing so hot get the kill so they can have the much needed gold and XP they need to own face. I even shield people as they run back to base with a sliver of health, and run halfway with them so they don't get ganked to oblivion.

I play with friends, so obviously my efforts don't go unnoticed, and when I play carries I try to thank the supports/tanks every game and every time they pull somtihing off or get me a kill. :X Teamwork and team comp are everything. I'd like to see how well a team of all Carries does without their support/tank. :|

Laue

08-25-2010

What about those failure supports, I don't really appreciate them.

T8mNEiLGTw

08-25-2010

5 assists? Never play Taric when I'm in your game please :P

But you're right about all the other things you're saying. Most people don't realize the game is not about "score" or KD ratio. It's about helping your team to win the game. Even if that means dying 5 times to save someone else.

Harbin

08-25-2010

Remember guys if you are a carry and you are running away from their team with a tank, and the tank turns around and stuns a few of them and tries to run after that, don't GO BACK AND DIE for him. Especially if the tank is Udyr and he's trying to stun them and bear away because he's Udyr and has Cleanse/Ghost/Turtle/Bear. Your survival is more important for the team, while he can actually SURVIVE.

But yes. <3 you support guys out there. And then there's the groan when I try help someone get away and they immediately turn around, either trying to help me, or thinking that it's suddenly even odds 2v5.

KOZZAK

08-25-2010

I like this idea. Big thank you to the Janna that laned with me a few days ago, I was Olaf. I never had to leave the lane till level 10, and only because I had a bucket load of cash. She saved my butt quite a few times, if I remember correctly.

AssashunKnife

08-25-2010

it seems like league of legends players are starting to act like HON players, and thats only caring about their KDR

Eavens

08-25-2010

Funny how when you save them, they don't say a word, but when things go wrong, you're the first to be blamed because of their failures. Woop-dee-****ing-doo.

This is why I dislike playing tanks. Either my carries/assassins do nothing, or I save them only to have them die along with me because they don't know the meaning of "support".... "Herp derp, oh, hey! Our tank is going in to fight, I'll stay anyway even though I have 10 hp left!"

mamnos

Recruiter

08-25-2010

As a support/tank player I feel your pain brothers.

SaxOnLegs

08-25-2010

I had a Ryze once going "lol 2/6/10 as Rammus. Noob you should be owning people" When 5 of those deaths were saving my own team mates from deaths.

People really don't appreciate us, or understand that without us, they really wouldn't be able to do ****.

EDIT: I just remembered the time my three team mates were running from a fight on low HP. The enemies were all high HP, and not something you could kill. There were 5 of them.

I ult'd as Shen and taunted all 5 of them, leading them the opposite way from my team mates, so they could get away.

What do they do? They only come back and proceed to get owned by the 5 players, with me along the way. FML.