Firewall Problem, what do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peeps625

05-04-2014

This is the third ranked game today (not in a row) that i have lost because i cannot get into the freaking game. When champ select is over, and it minimizes It does not show the portraits and says "Firewall blahblah blah" i know it's not my firewall, its your game riot. This is has been a problem for months how is not fixed yet? I'm about to go to another game if i cannot play this one without problems. I think your first priority should be fixing your servers/game before making a million teemo skins..

BMX09

05-04-2014

It isn't your firewall. It is Riot's servers and the crash is probably due to DDOS attacks. If it is a large scale attack, then they hand out loss forgiveness. Right now, I'm still trying to connect to a ranked game, but it's giving me the firewall explanation. Riot, please, at least let people know instead of letting people suffer losses.

TheSoulessFox

05-04-2014

It is really annoying, as i finally got a chance to duo que wiht a friend of mine, played 1 ranked game fine, the next 2 have been 2v4 both games, one of us couldn't get in game for each of the 2 games, and no losses prevented.... WTF gives riot? like if you just want to screw people, at least make about a statement about it so we don't waste our time trying to play when you just say screw u to any non challenger players that want to play ranked it seeems like. Does it take high lvl players for u to ever take any action and make what is happeneing right?

BMX09

05-04-2014

know that disconnects, dodges, and losses sometimes happen for reasons beyond your control, but we’re not able to change the outcome of these games. We can’t alter the database once a game is complete and recorded in it. This means we can’t change a Leave or a Loss, nor can we manually adjust any League Points gained or lost from the game.

The “Loss Prevented” that sometimes appears in match history is only applied during server-wide instability or lag. We can’t apply Loss Prevented to individual matches.

If you find yourself disconnecting frequently, it may be an issue with your computer or network. If so, please let me know and I can help you troubleshoot those issues. I still won’t have a way to alter your record, but hopefully we can reduce the chance of this happening in the future.

I had 3 afk in the game i couldn't connect to and they have the stones to actually say it's me. stupid riot. seriously.

Gunthore

05-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX09 View Post
know that disconnects, dodges, and losses sometimes happen for reasons beyond your control, but we’re not able to change the outcome of these games. We can’t alter the database once a game is complete and recorded in it. This means we can’t change a Leave or a Loss, nor can we manually adjust any League Points gained or lost from the game.

The “Loss Prevented” that sometimes appears in match history is only applied during server-wide instability or lag. We can’t apply Loss Prevented to individual matches.

If you find yourself disconnecting frequently, it may be an issue with your computer or network. If so, please let me know and I can help you troubleshoot those issues. I still won’t have a way to alter your record, but hopefully we can reduce the chance of this happening in the future.

I had 3 afk in the game i couldn't connect to and they have the stones to actually say it's me. stupid riot. seriously.
No idea who you are or wtf you are saying. But don't think for one second that my connection or computer is the problem when riot has a poor public image (for a reason) when it comes to their servers. Servers are messed up right now, and while it's not messing with every game, it is still ruining some of our gaming experience.

Underaverage

05-04-2014

Yeah I had this problem at my parent's house and they have terrible internet, so I figured that was the root of the problem. But today I experienced the problem twice in three games on my excellent internet that I have when I am away at college... It's definitely on Riot's end, and it is quite a shame that they just pin it on their clientele as being a problem on the gamer end.

Spiderwockee

05-04-2014

i just had something like this happen to me. Someone in the game even said something about DDOSing. but prob about 30mins in I get attempting to reconnect out of random checked my internet and everything fine. So i closed and reconnected and got the firewall popup. and when i logged back in i check my match history and it doesn't even show that game. :/

Saskothehunter

05-05-2014

It's not ddossing, its called drop hacking, look it up, people are using to to gain ip. I'm sure riot is aware but they won't admit that its a problem publicly. I'm not playing any ranked for a while until im confident its fixed. I've had it happen in numerous ranked games recently, one of which the game was just completely voided, like the game never happened, no match history, nothing. It only happens in ranked and entire teams will dc.

DudleyRoo

05-05-2014

Yeppers, just got hit with massive lag in a game on my main. Closed out the game, tried to reconnect, got the firewall error.

Logged into my alt account, got into a custom game with no problems. Obviously my firewall tho.

Grim Demise

05-05-2014

Same to me in a draft pick game. It isn't my firewall because I already fixed that, I checked and my fix wasn't reversed either. It was just a normal game, but if this is happening in ranked it is a major problem and NEEDS to be fixed immediately.

EDIT-- It marked as LEAVE in match history, I NEVER leave so I do not know if this is the leaverbuster telling me I left or not, I am assuming so. I still think this should be fixed, I have never left a game intentionally, and being forced to never even connect angers me beyond what is necessary.