Purple Team Disadvantage - not a rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rorako

06-11-2012

*sigh*

OP, you are awesome for writing out a well thought out post. Unfortunately, the person who first replied to you fails to understand the simple, English word, called "preference". Having a locked/unlocked camera is akin to an opinion, not fact. I prefer to play with a locked camera. Does that effect anyone but me? Nope. So why do you care if I'm "not pro" for playing with a locked camera?

Anyway, as much as I'd love a fix or a better angle on purple, I know it's not coming. I would have love dto be raised through the game with both angles.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

you get used to playing on purple side after about 5 games - just keep playing

if you really want to get used to purple side, go custom game - it actually makes a difference when u jungle purple vs jungle blue if you're kiting the camps. i first jungled fiddle when i was noob, and i found it alot harder to autoatk blue wraiths cos ur character is in front of the camp, compared to purple side, when ur character is behind the camp

but ya - just play more games and you get used to it soon enough - when i first started pvp, playing purple side was like playing a new champion for me - i had to get used to different minion colours, different angles, forgot which camps were where.. but you get used to it, and after enough games, you'll feel just as confident on purple side, as you do on your 'main' side

and for the love of god - quit playing on locked if you want to get better. 60% of the time, you shouldn't be looking at your own character. the information you get, by staring at your character all day, isn't enough for you to make accurate decisions. this game isn't a fps, there's more to clicking and spamming qqwerdf123456

HideFromElf

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJs View Post
you get used to playing on purple side after about 5 games - just keep playing

if you really want to get used to purple side, go custom game - it actually makes a difference when u jungle purple vs jungle blue if you're kiting the camps. i first jungled fiddle when i was noob, and i found it alot harder to autoatk blue wraiths cos ur character is in front of the camp, compared to purple side, when ur character is behind the camp

but ya - just play more games and you get used to it soon enough - when i first started pvp, playing purple side was like playing a new champion for me - i had to get used to different minion colours, different angles, forgot which camps were where.. but you get used to it, and after enough games, you'll feel just as confident on purple side, as you do on your 'main' side

and for the love of god - quit playing on locked if you want to get better. 60% of the time, you shouldn't be looking at your own character. the information you get, by staring at your character all day, isn't enough for you to make accurate decisions. this game isn't a fps, there's more to clicking and spamming qqwerdf123456
Yeah, that's where I'm at in my thinking pretty much too. The problem is that at low levels folks really are worried about playing purple side and think it is an instant loss. It wouldn't be every player on that team of course but there will always be one. So I do hope Riot can implement bot games from purple side with random teammates. Custom games with friends on skype isn't quite the same experience that you will get solo queing with strangers.
It just seems right to me that there should be an option to get more experience properly on what is for us beginners a bit of hurdle.

Mensidiaverne

06-11-2012

Solution?

Remove Camera Lock from the game completely.

FUTURE PROOFING FTW!

ChasingLogic

06-11-2012

I agree with the OP. I never even noticed that I was always blue side when I played bots. It seems really logical that bot games should get as close to simulating real ques as possible.

xCry0x

06-11-2012

Seriously, why play bots?

I played normal pvp since level 1. If people in normal complain about your skill level when you are level 1 it is probably because they are playing smurfs and they are horrible players themself and feel like pro's when they play against someone who has literally never played before. Heck, even at level 30, if you have a horrible game and someone complains f' them. If they are pro and want to play with other pro's they can go play ranked. Normal is for people practicing champs, playing troll builds or messing around with friends so just ignore people who complain.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

This is already pointed out a long time ago. That's why purple side usually has a higher elo or more 'skilled' players to off-set the disadvantage.

sugarcrotch

06-11-2012

gotta agree with the Op A.I. games should be random as which side you get.. shouldnt be that complicated...

Falanin

06-11-2012

At least having the bots play blue sometimes will help prevent noobs from complaining as much about purple side when they finally jump into pvp.
At this point, I'd consider it good training. Agreed with op.

WarriorWixx

06-11-2012

Yeah, that's an interesting concept. I know when I first played on purple side in PvP, I almost felt like I was the "bad" or "evil" team. You could almost say there is a psychological disadvantage programmed into you. Not that you won't get over it soon enough, but it would be better to prevent it all together. Seems like a simple, splendid idea.