Purple Team Disadvantage - not a rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HideFromElf

06-10-2012

No this isn't a thread saying OMG the view is horrible with fixed camera. We already know that :P
I don't know if this has been mentioned, it probably has been dozens of times, but I'm fairly new to the game and these forums. Yes I'm still ****. When I started I was really ****, so to get the minimal flaming and report so and so blah, blah, blah I'm PRO treatment from smurf accounts, I played bot games. I'm sure mostly everyone did at first.

People say that you can unlock your camera etc. Sure you can, but if you've only played bot games you know you can sorta get away with locking it. Then you're feeling confident enough to play pvp and BAM, you hit purple the first few times you play against players and have a really bad time.

If Riot is unable to change the camera for purple or atleast allow the HUD to be viable for purple, then imo they should make bot matches random too so that new players can become properly accustomed to playing from the other angle. Beginner bots run when hit, players might not lol Added to which, there are different global objectives and ganking paths for purple.

Yes you can create a custom from Purple to practise but unless you have a friends list already it would be boring and well, you're new to the game like you'd have a good one really.

Just my two cents. Blue DOES have the advantage simply because that is where a large percentage of us started and stayed for quite a few levels. If we were able to mix this up from the beginning it wouldn't be such a big deal come pvp and people's frustration.

New players should have more opportunities to get used to being on Purple from the very start of their LoL career. It's only fair as the community seems to be divided. Long term players say it's cool and doesn't matter and it probably wouldn't after a few hundred games, but graduating from a few hundred bot games locked camera on Blue to pvp atm is incredibly harsher than it should be. It just doesn't work on Purple.

So I'm am pleading that Riot adds the option in bot que for Purple or Blue. Atleast until a solution is found. It would make for a happier community if newer players, well everyone for that matter were better prepared.

Sam Is Whoa

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideFromElf View Post
No this isn't a thread saying OMG the view is horrible with fixed camera. We already know that :P
I don't know if this has been mentioned, it probably has been dozens of times, but I'm fairly new to the game. Yes I'm still ****. When I started I was really ****, so to get the minimal flaming and report so and so blah, blah, blah I'm PRO treatment from smurf accounts, I played bot games. I'm sure mostly everyone did at first.

People say that you can unlock your camera etc. Sure you can, but if you've only played bot games you know you can sorta get away with locking it. Then you're feeling confident enough to play pvp and BAM, you hit purple the first few times you play against players and have a really bad time.

If Riot is unable to change the camera for purple then imo they should make bot matches random too so that new players can become properly accustomed to playing from the other angle. Beginner bots run when hit, players might not lol

Yes you can create a custom from Purple to practise but unless you have a friends list already it would be boring and well, you're new to the game like you'd have a good one really.

Just my two cents. Blue DOES have the advantage simply because that is where a large percentage of us started and stayed for quite a few levels. If we were able to mix this up from the beginning it wouldn't be such a big deal come pvp and people's frustration.

New players should have more opportunities to get used to being on Purple from the very start of their LoL career. It's only fair as the community seems to be divided. Long term players say it's cool and doesn't matter and it probably wouldn't after a few hundred games, but graduating from a few hundred bot games locked camera on Blue to pvp atm is incredibly harsher than it should be. It just doesn't work on Purple.

So I'm am pleading that Riot adds the option in bot que for Purple or Blue. Atleast until a solution is found. It would make for a happier community if people were better prepared.
well you lied. This is a "omg fix camera angle im not good enough to move it myself" post. Because all t you whiny girls complained RIOT has stated blue side does have a MINIMAL advantage that does NOT determine the outcome of a match. the fact that you want to code an entirely new terrain and angle is selfish. stop complaining about things that really make no difference.

HideFromElf

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
well you lied. This is a "omg fix camera angle im not good enough to move it myself" post. Because all t you whiny girls complained RIOT has stated blue side does have a MINIMAL advantage that does NOT determine the outcome of a match. the fact that you want to code an entirely new terrain and angle is selfish. stop complaining about things that really make no difference.
I didn't say they had to change anything about the map at all. I am merely stating that players should have access to games in bot que playing for Purple in a team environment. So no I didn't lie.
Another thing I'd like to add is this, you are a senior member. There is a good chance you've played for a long time. Hundreds of games. Believe it or not, there are new people to this genre and it would help when dealing with offensive people, such as yourself, if they were better prepared.

Sam Is Whoa

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideFromElf View Post
I didn't say they had to change anything about the map at all. I am merely stating that players should have access to games in bot que playing for Purple in a team environment. So no I didn't lie.
Another thing I'd like to add is this, you are a senior member. There is a good chance you've played for a long time. Hundreds of games. Believe it or not, there are new people to this genre and it would help when dealing with offensive people, such as yourself, if they were better prepared.
As stated b4 you can play custom games purple or blue side. If your trying to get used to looking at it from purple side it doesnt matter how the bots play. Your not trying to better your game your trying to get used to camera angles and positioning. Also you can play a custom with friends. I have played hundreds of games and I never liked locked camera and actually prefer purple side to blue. Game creation would be that much longer if there were a way to decide what side to play. I guess they could make a option that you "prefer" a side to play on but arent garunteed that you will play there. and your last sentance in the original post ended in saying until there is a solution. Meaning playing bot games as purple side isnt what your looking for. Your looking for a permanant solution to swing the camera so you could change perspective from purple side. There have been hundreds of posts stating the same thing about the camera forever, There is no DISTINCT advantage for any team and thats why there is nothing to "Prepare for".

HideFromElf

06-10-2012

I'm more making the case that locked camera isn't viable. If a player has kept their HUD the same size, relies on being able to see the cooldowns etc, then locked camera becomes really unviable from purple side. The sooner new players discovered this the better and the best way to do that is to play from purple side. So this really doesn't apply to a large part of the community. It does however apply to part of Riot's bottom line in bringing in more customers and more importantly keeping them playing. It would be better to learn against predictable opponents with random teammates. The custom games with predictable teammates on voice will teach you a lot but not half as much as a random will.
It probably wouldn't be good if they made it random sides because of que dodging. Like you said, there are literally thousands of whine posts concerning it. If you could choose blue or purple then I believe it would help players that genuinely do want to play better do so. The limitation of only playing blue in the bot que at the very beginning of your LoL experience is a disadvantage that slowly diminishes with play but is undeniable.

TeknoWizard

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
I do so enjoy people who just post without actually reading.

And to the OP. I actually never thought of that. This is actually the most logical, simple and efficient method. Hats off to you sir, I like the idea.

XxCriusXx21

06-10-2012

i have no problem with any cameras in this purple. blue its all the same to me

cornpirde

06-10-2012

learn spacebar problem solved

HideFromElf

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornpirde View Post
learn spacebar problem solved
Good advice. Not too sure what it has to do with with the point I'm trying to make though.

AJStarhiker

06-10-2012

The point wasn't "Learn to use the spacebar," it was "Starting side should be random in bot games so new players can learn how to compensate for the purple side."

I think it's a good idea