Revive toxic in Dominion

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detris White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatPerson View Post
I know that mode isnt popular, but for those who play it from time to time, facing a 4 man revive on the other is anoying as hell and by anoying i mean, almost impossible to win, theres no ga, fine, but why allow people to revive, even if its once or twice per game, they took teleport out because it provided to much utility, but they allow people to die come back with "ok" ms buff and 400 more hp, thats toxic to that unpopular mode.
Look, I play dominion a lot and I can safely tell you it is not toxic to the mode


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jakab

Senior Member

06-10-2012

And then you realize they waste a summoner spell on something they'll only get to use twice a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakab View Post
And then you realize they waste a summoner spell on something they'll only get to use twice a game.
3 times.

But yeah. It has a long cooldown. If they were to disable it, we'd see a lot more ghost and flash because "not dying" would suddenly become a thing.

Actually, yes, they should disable it. One less thing for me to rage about in solo queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Um no, they took out teleport because you have nothing to teleport to outside of minions, it was pointless. The only reason smite is still in because it is a situational counter in theory to things like tibbers and promote, even though it isn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
But yeah. It has a long cooldown. If they were to disable it, we'd see a lot more ghost and flash because "not dying" would suddenly become a thing.
Dunno, I remember when I used to run flash in bot to escape ganks, it saved me oh... about once every 9-10 minutes, same as Revive xP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

Senior Member

06-10-2012

LOL at people saying the 4 people dying to 8 people are being out played. Simple fact is Revive has no drawback. It's an extra life with a default hydraulics effect. Revive wins games, exhaust/ghost/ignite wins a fight.

Ghost's effectiveness is minimized by speed nodes, flash is pretty awful and will rarely work outside of gank avoidance which any good player has enough map awarness to avoid obvious ganks to begin with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
LOL at people saying the 4 people dying to 8 people are being out played. Simple fact is Revive has no drawback. It's an extra life with a default hydraulics effect. Revive wins games, exhaust/ghost/ignite wins a fight.

Ghost's effectiveness is minimized by speed nodes, flash is pretty awful and will rarely work outside of gank avoidance which any good player has enough map awarness to avoid obvious ganks to begin with.
If you used revive, you gave them gold+exp. This is especially important at the top team fight where if you lose, they're ahead in exp and thus, closer to their ults than you are


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

Senior Member

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
If you used revive, you gave them gold+exp. This is especially important at the top team fight where if you lose, they're ahead in exp and thus, closer to their ults than you are
The gold and XP gain is very low and there's rarely a large disparity in Dominion and on the second go around you'll either die or lose the point and they get gold/xp as well.


12