Adam, The Dandy Highwayman

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

06-10-2012

Before you do anything, please read this. I'm aware that some people will be viewing this thread. If you're coming here, please tell me what you think of it. If you're here to read the concept, I'd like you to leave 100% honest feedback. I can take it, trust me. If you have any suggestions that will aid in character depth, or to balance his stats or skills, let me know.
Thanks.

Also, YES.. This is a HUGE reference to Adam Ant. Get over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Champion Review Thread here!! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2191347

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1000+ views! Yeah!! Let's keep em coming!
2000+ views! Yay!!!!
3000+ views!! WOOOO!
4000+ views! Awesome!!
5000+ views! YAY!!!
6000+ views! Let's give my artwork some love!!

*All similarites to other champs are coincidence and your paranoia getting to you. :P

Adam is a fighter, melee carry, adept at moving through team fights, dealing TONS OF DAMAGE to single opponents, catching enemies off guard and cleaning up in team fights.

Role: Melee, Carry, Fighter

Overview:
Health: Average

Attack: Very High

Difficulty: Above Average

Spells: Low

Recommended Items:
Ninja Tabi, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Brutalizer, Frozen Mallet, Quicksilver Sash
Attachment 456900Attachment 456901Attachment 456902Attachment 456903Attachment 456904Attachment 456905

Recommended Summoners:
Attachment 468831Attachment 468833

Stats:
Health: 460 (+80.00/lvl)

Health Regen: 7.5 (+0.8/lvl)

Armor: 20.00 (+2.5/lvl)

Magic Resist: 27.00 (+1/lvl)

Attack: 55 (+3.1/lvl)

Attack Speed: 0.689 (+2.1%/level)

Mana: 280 (+50.00lvl)

Mana Regen: 7.0 (+0.5/lvl)

Range: 125

Speed: 305

*Adam's basic attacks are a simple swing of his sword.

Ability Set:

Attachment 456906
Stand and Deliver! (Innate):
Adam gains 7.5 bonus attack damage for each nearby enemy champion.

Range: 1400

((Stand and Deliver! Won't give you bonus Attack Damage when the enemy champion is stealthed.))

Attachment 456909
Pistol Shot (Q):
Adam pulls his pistol from it's holster and fires in a straight line, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (0.9 per attack damage) physical damage to the first enemy it hits. and causing them to bleed, dealing 3.5/7/10.5/14/17.5 magic damage every second for 4 seconds.

Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 seconds Range: 1000 Projectile Speed: 2000
Total Bleed Damage Dealt: 14/28/42/56/70

Attachment 456908
Spring and Stab (W):
Adam leaps toward the target and becomes untargetable while traveling. Upon reaching the target, Adam pushes the target to the ground, snaring them for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds and stabs them with his sword dealing 90/110/130/150/170 (0.7 per attack damage) physical damage.

Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds Range: 600

Attachment 456907
Highway Robbery (E):
Passive: Adam gains an additional 1/2/3/4/5 extra gold when ever he kills an enemy unit.

Active: Adam gains an additional 12%/17%/22%/27%/32% movement and attack speed for 4 seconds. If an enemy unit is hit during the duration of the skill, their attack speed is decreased by 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% for 4 seconds. The attack speed debuff cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 8 seconds.
Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown of Highway Robbery. Assists reduce the cooldown by half the base amount.

Mana Cost: 50/65/80/95/110 Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds Range: ---

Attachment 456910
Band of Bandits (R):
Adam whistles loudly, calling forth his band of 3 horseback bandits. Adam can then command his horsemen charge forward in a straight line as well as through Adam in an 'X' formation, trampling enemies beneath their feet dealing 75/125/175 (0.4 per attack damage) physical damage and stunning them for 1.5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 110/130/150 Cooldown: 160/130/100 seconds Range: 1150
Total Physical Damage Dealt: 225/375/525

Lore:

There has always been a long history of highway robberies in the trading routes of Demacia. Some people admired them as cowards and scoundrels, who cheated their way to a fortune rather than working for it. But in the eyes of some, they were bold men who confronted their victims face to face, ready to fight for what they wanted. Adam had always believed he was looked upon as a hero, rather than a thief.

In his childhood, his family had abandoned him at the very young age of 9, pushing him out on to the streets and alleys of the seemingly peaceful city. For the next year and a half, Adam lived his life on his own with no guidance. Begging and stealing from food carts, kidnapping and killing small livestock from local farms to survive. It was after his second year on his own where his life was about to change completely.
Two men had found Adam one day, stealing from a bread merchant. Upon watching him enter the market, distract the merchant and make off with his profit, the two men tailed him and grabbed him. Thinking he had been caught in the act, Adam flailed and kicked for his freedom. Breaking free from their grasps, he hurriedly shot down the nearest alleyway, in an attempt to escape. To his misfortune, the alley led to a dead-end, allowing the men to corner him. As the men approached, Adam fell to his knees and held out the bread.
"Here. I didn't mean to take it.. I've just been starving for days!"
One of the men chuckled and placed a hand on Adam's shoulder. "Don't worry kid. We're not here to arrest you or punish you."
Through slightly teary and confused eyes, Adam looked up at the two men. "What do you mean?"
"Come with us kid."
- - -
The two men took kindly to Adam and raised him as a member of their family. And on the positive side for Adam, the family happened to be a family of highwaymen. Over the 12 years since they had found Adam, they took him under their wing, teaching him the tips and tricks of the 'family business'. At the age of 22, Adam's leaders were arrested and hung for treason and robbery. Adam, who was considered a permanent member of their gang, was handed the torch, and took over the group. Adam's rounded himself up a new crew, pillaging the trading routes of Demacia. Armed with their rapiers, pistols, wit, and skill, Adam and his band of bandits scoured and pillaged the roads of Demacia for years and years. It was upon one faithful day when Adam and his crew had the liberty of a large, valuable shipment from Bandle City pass by their usual road block. Unfortunately, helping guard the cargo was none other than the Iron Ambassador herself, Poppy. With his confidence proceeding his thought, Adam commanded his band to commandeer the convoy. After what seemed like ages, Poppy had finally fended off the oncoming robbery and had confined the group to chains.

Adam and his band of bandits approached the kingdom of Demacia differently than before. This time, in chains. Surrounded by the court of Demacia, and Demacian officials. With the help of Poppy's word, Adam was granted a choice: Fight within in the League as punishment for treason and robbery, or be hung like his predecessors. Naturally, lead by self preservation, he chose to bring his 'unique talents' to the League.. Until he formulates an escape plan from his guarded, confined cell in The Institute of War.

Possible Quotes:
"I was always rewarded for my misdeeds when I was younger. I guess that's why I see no problem murdering someone for their gold." - Adam

"Normally I'm asked to hunt pirates. When I was asked to hunt this bandit down, I was both delighted AND surprised. However, the fortune is ALWAYS in my favor." - Miss Fortune

Appearance:

Splash Art
Attachment 550684

Champion Screen
Attachment 550685

Champion Square
Attachment 550686
(Courtesy of the ever most awesome "FarahBoom" )

Description:
Adam is of medium build and stature though his charisma makes him seem larger than life; he is rather thin due to the appalling food in the Institute of War cells. Over his right eye and the right side of his lips he bears a scar a memento from one of his early and overly enthusiastic highway robberies.
From the bottom up, Adam wears calf high black boots with a slight heel and the top turned down just below the knee, with a scuffed buckle on the boots; scuffed and dulled with soot so as not to reflect the light. His leather trousers (pants) are of a very dark chocolate colour and cling tightly to his thighs. At his waist he wears two belts one studded (the studs dulled the same as his buckle) to hold his sheathed sword, the other plain old leather, taken from the cooling body of his mentor that holsters his pistol. He also wears under the belts at his waist a scarf bearing the colours of the Bilgewater flag (red and gold) from the time he ruffled the town’s and Sarah Fortune’s feathers turning tricks with some notorious pirates. His once white, but now torn and dirty high necked shirt has long sleeves with loose cuffs and he wears it with the collar slightly undone to show off the leather necklace bearing the ring from the fine lady he first had the pleasure of robbing in the night. The worst damage of the shirt is hidden by an embroidered waistcoat, again in the Bligewater colours the embroidery depicting snakes wrapped around a diagonal sword. His hair is thick and dark brown with a slight curl, but he wears it pulled back from his face in a loose pony tail.

Skin Ideas:

Traditional Adam:
Wearing over top of his normal attire (see Appearance), he adorns himself with a traditional black highwayman coat, a long, elegant trench coat split up the back to his waist, and with a drape over the shoulders. And on top of his thick, dark brown hair he adorns a dark brown, battered, but not shabby tricorn hat, through which small strands of his hair come out and fall around his face.

Masquerade Adam:
Adam, dressed in somewhat normal attire, sports himself with a traditional 18th century tuxedo, which a perfectly frilled white shirt tucked behind it. And place o'er top his beautiful, chiseled face, he adorns a somwhat simple, highwayman-esque, masquerade ball mask.
(http://www.boolalacostumes.com/wp-co...0/11/photo.jpg <-- See this for a simpler idea.)

Tips and Tricks:

For Playing Adam:

- Adam is a great gold gainer, so make sure to take a point in Highway Robbery early and farm up for extra gold. Farming is key for Adam, because of his E's passive, so make the most out of it.

- Capitalizing on the gold gain from Adam's ult is a good idea. Make sure to catch the enemies when they are clumped close together in team fights to unleash your ultimate for maximum damage and gold.

- Adam is a great chaser, between his W, Spring and Stab, and a Frozen Mallet, you'll be able to catch up to any enemy with ease. Just make sure not to initiate, because you're very squishy.

Speech and Hotkeys:

*Adam has a youthful, slightly British accented voice filled with over-confidence and arrogance.

Upon Selection:
"You picked a bad time to get lost, friend."

Movement:
"Show me the money!"
"On my way."
"Already there!"
"Sure thing Summoner! *under his breath* Not that I have much choice."
"Wouldn't be the first time.."
"Okay.."

Attacking:
"Hah!"
"Huh!"
"Take that!"
"Can't wait to count your coin!"

Upon Critting:
"Got'cha!"

Upon casting Highway Robbery:
"Stand and Deliver!"
"Your money or your life!"

Taunt:
"What's the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking?"

Joke:
"I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention. *pause* Or.. Should I say, YOUR cash."
"Money, or my life? Take my life; I'm saving for my birthday."

Dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDJXbUpap4w
0:02 - 0:23

Upon Death:
Adam falls to his knees, clasping at his chest before falling flat on his face with a groan.

- - -

Like I said, I am open to any sort of ideas on balancing him, and such. So PLEASE leave your input.

And in payment for your feedback, please feel free to leave your OWN ideas, so that we can help each other.
- Gjom

Gjom

06-10-2012

Change Log:

June 10, 2012
- Champion posted. Please make sure to double check everything for me?
- Icons and pictures added for both the Recommended Items and the skill set. (Special thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN (hiveworkshop.com) for the icons.)
- Changed some of his speech and hotkeys: Upon Selection, Attacking, and Movement. (Thanks "Torendil" for the ideas.)
- Pistol Shot ability reworked to avoid skill comparison.

June 11, 2012
- Band of Bandits ability reworked. Stun mechanic was removed from the skill, but damage was increased to 75/125/175 from 50/100/150.
- Base Attack Speed dropped from 0.721 to 0.689.
- Pistol Shot ability reworked. Movement Speed decrease mechanic was removed from the skill, being replaced by a small bleeding DoT.
- Stand and Deliver!'s attack damage buff increased from 2.5/5/7.5 to a flat 7.5.
- Highway Robbery moved to the E slot.
- Pistol Shot moved to the Q slot.
- Spring and Stab's cooldown changed from 15/15/13/13/11 to 15/14/13/12/11.

June 12, 2012
- Pistol Shot's base damage and ratio changed from 50/70/90/110/130 (0.4 per attack damage) to 30/50/70/90/110 (0.9 per attack damage).
- Band of Bandits ability reworked. Triple skillshot was removed from the skill, and was replaced with an on command skill shot available three times. Adam will also now gain bonus gold when successfully using his ult.

June 13, 2012
- Lore edited for more dramatic effect.
- Appearance edited for finer description.
- Traditional Adam skin idea added. (Originally taken from Appearance section)

June 16, 2012
- Masquerade Adam skin idea added.
- Pistol Shot ability reworked. Targeting effect removed and replaced with a skill shot aspect.
- Pistol Shot's base damage increased from 30/50/70/90/110 to 40/60/80/100/120. Scaling remains the same.
- Pistol Shot's bleed damage reworked from "7/14/21/28/35 every second for 2 seconds" to "3.5/7/10.5/14/17.5 every second for 4 seconds".

June 22, 2012
- Added Recommended Summoners to the concept.

July 5, 2012
- Added Tips and Tricks section. Will add the tips later!

October 30, 2012
- Late update; Resized Splash Art, and added Champion Screen & Champion Square to Appearance section.
- Pistol Shot no longer applies on-hit affects.

Torendil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

I think that "Show me the money!" would be better than "Where's the money?"

He's a bandit so i guess would better "You picked a bad time to get lost, friend." upon selection...

And upon attacking you can use "Can't wait to count out your coin!"

Its a cool concept! i like the idea...he can be friend of TF (Twisted Fate) since he's a bandit and TF is a swindler or something like that...just saying...

the skills are ok i guess im not that good reviewing skills :/

if you can add some art would be awesome

Lyria Eternal

06-10-2012

Ah, this has several aspects of different champions within it. GP for the pistol, Jarven for the jump and stab, draven with the AS and MS buff, and Hecarim for the ulti. Altogether making a fun champion to play as. Granted he's not super unique, but he would be a number one pick in Ranked because of his extra gold. Just like ashe.....though her I rather not talk about.

--------------------

Would you consider giving me gold when killing a champion with your Q, or do you think that the extra 1/2/3/4/5 gold is sufficient?

I'm not seeing anything beyond some lack of orginallity when it comes to you E, but the W is interesting.

I'm having a brainstorm here, and you can tell me if you like the idea or not. Perhaps the R has one or more of the bandits dismount after running through? Maybe empowering or changing abilities? Just a thought. Most highway men worked in groups, and had tactics with their group as well as alone. You had to be smart to be a long lived scalywag.

------------------

I will ask the members of the board to review this as well.

Gjom

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torendil View Post
I think that "Show me the money!" would be better than "Where's the money?"

He's a bandit so i guess would better "You picked a bad time to get lost, friend." upon selection...

And upon attacking you can use "Can't wait to count out your coin!"

Its a cool concept! i like the idea...he can be friend of TF (Twisted Fate) since he's a bandit and TF is a swindler or something like that...just saying...

the skills are ok i guess im not that good reviewing skills :/

if you can add some art would be awesome
Those ideas are awesome, and yeah. I'd love to get my hands on some art.. But I don't know anyone who could do that.

If you know someone.. Send em my way!

Asirion

06-10-2012

This champion is the best one I've read about so far. Not only because it's named after me and playing a champ with my name would be awesome, but overall he sounds great and you nailed the details.

Liam Geegeeson

06-10-2012

Wow ! He is a very formidable duelist ! His W reminds me of Fiora's dash except instead of being granted another dash, it stuns them. I suggest switching the places of Q and W since Q is the most spammable skill.

Concerning his ult, how is it activated ? Will it be a sort of unique linear skillshot ? Also, I'm confused as how the damage works. So a unit can only be hit by one of the horsemen ?

Gjom

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
Ah, this has several aspects of different champions within it. GP for the pistol, Jarven for the jump and stab, draven with the AS and MS buff, and Hecarim for the ulti. Altogether making a fun champion to play as. Granted he's not super unique, but he would be a number one pick in Ranked because of his extra gold. Just like ashe.....though her I rather not talk about.

--------------------

Would you consider giving me gold when killing a champion with your Q, or do you think that the extra 1/2/3/4/5 gold is sufficient?

I'm not seeing anything beyond some lack of orginallity when it comes to you E, but the W is interesting.

I'm having a brainstorm here, and you can tell me if you like the idea or not. Perhaps the R has one or more of the bandits dismount after running through? Maybe empowering or changing abilities? Just a thought. Most highway men worked in groups, and had tactics with their group as well as alone. You had to be smart to be a long lived scalywag.

------------------

I will ask the members of the board to review this as well.
It's actually like Maokai's snare, not Jarvan, but y'know. Whatever. xD And the ulti SOUNDS like Hecarim ult, but it's more like a skillshot the happens with three bursts.

Gjom

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 KING YO View Post
This champion is the best one I've read about so far. Not only because it's named after me and playing a champ with my name would be awesome, but overall he sounds great and you nailed the details.
Haha, thank you ever so much, Summoner.
Do you have any negative comments?

Gjom

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lChienPol View Post
Wow ! He is a very formidable duelist ! His W reminds me of Fiora's dash except instead of being granted another dash, it stuns them. I suggest switching the places of Q and W since Q is the most spammable skill.

Concerning his ult, how is it activated ? Will it be a sort of unique linear skillshot ? Also, I'm confused as how the damage works. So a unit can only be hit by one of the horsemen ?
Kay so for the skill placement, I think I'm going to keep it as it is, because it's not always the Q that's the spam-able skill. It usually is, but I'm going against the grain on this guy.

As for his ult, it is a linear skill shot that has three bursts basically, so.. Yeah a unique skill shot. And the enemy can be hit by all three horsemen. It's just the stun only happens once. The damage happens in a set of three. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

(Also, nice catch with the Fiora thing. Fiora was one of the inspirations behind him.)

1234511 ... 17