Recording with Fraps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Hey guys.
I recently got fraps (V3.5.3) and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me out with.
First of all, this isn't a big deal and not exactly league related but I'm unable to record applications unless I'm in full screen.
Secondly, the file sizes I'm getting are absolutely massive. A full game was 70gb and an 8 second clip was 379mb. The setting I'm using are here "http://oi46.tinypic.com/14vk511.jpg", I believe they are correct and I need a video editing program to compress the file, could someone recommend one if my settings are correct.
Thirdly, when I'm recording, I get a FPS counter in the top left hand corner that sits at 60fps, I'm recording at 30FPS in my fraps settings, is this because the game is running at 60FPS that this shows and the video will still be at 30FPS?
Last of all, I've uploaded an 8 second clip of league, is the quality in 720P because YouTube hasn't processed it yet or will this be sorted out with a video editing program as well?
I appreciate any help you can give me.
Cheers, Chris

xDanielWang

06-09-2012

I suggest using LolReplay. It takes a replay of every game at a small file size and you can fraps the replay ezpz

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanielWang View Post
I suggest using LolReplay. It takes a replay of every game at a small file size and you can fraps the replay ezpz
Hi, I actually do use LolReplay, however you cannot upload LoLReplay clips without recording them first as you've stated. Files recorded with in LolReplay with Fraps are still huge file sizes.
Thanks for the reply

Fate Avernicus

07-22-2012

you can use windows live movie maker to render the file. makes them so much smaller.

Ashien Velor

09-20-2012

Download Miro video converter, and convert the .avi that Fraps spits out into an mp4 video. Takes about as long as the video is, maybe a bit longer, but cuts the huge size files down to less than a gb. (usually for me at least)

Augratafier

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashien Velor View Post
Download Miro video converter, and convert the .avi that Fraps spits out into an mp4 video. Takes about as long as the video is, maybe a bit longer, but cuts the huge size files down to less than a gb. (usually for me at least)
What this guy said. Fraps can only record in .avi, which produces very large files. You will need to render the .avi into a smaller format, such as .wmv (for example). I use Sony Vegas Pro for rendering.