[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jabe

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
I don't believe Riot would have an issue with this, I think the ONLY reason they didn't, is because it would cut away from people using Twitch and Own3d to watch their favorite streamers. The websites lose people, and cut their investments in Riot.
The 3 minute delay is a long time compared to streams usually. Plus you don't get to watch that player play or listen to their commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
Would it work on mac?

Could it be made to work on mac?
You need a LoL installation so first we would need a Mac client for LoL unfortunately.

Argothman

06-09-2012

Quote:
You need a LoL installation so first we would need a Mac client for LoL unfortunately.
http://boompje.net/

Why do you think I asked?

Cipher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-09-2012

Quote:
Would it work on mac?

Could it be made to work on mac?
Not positive about this, but try using an emulator to simulate a windows environment to run it in. Like Wine.

Zerglinator

06-09-2012

Jabe

Sell your inventions

Use the money to make an army of JabeBots to conquer the world.

Jabe

06-09-2012

Quote:
http://boompje.net/

Why do you think I asked?
As long as your setup supports running the client from a batch file (required due to some quirk in Java) then it should work on Mac. It will also need the same folder structure as the Windows installation.

The batch file does the following commands:
cd game_client_directory
start LeagueOfLegends.exe params... (start is another Windows command line thing)

Remsiag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

It works. I took a look at the source code also. The only thing that may cause trouble is that the notepad the java program creates has your password and username listed. So if you share computers or play LoL and a pc that is not yours I would make sure to delete that notepad file after.

DepressiveMan

06-09-2012

Hey that's pretty cool.

Jabe

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remsiag View Post
It works. I took a look at the source code also. The only thing that may cause trouble is that the notepad the java program creates has your password and username listed. So if you share computers or play LoL and a pc that is not yours I would make sure to delete that notepad file after.
Or create a junk account that you use for this program. The account doesn't matter as long as it can login.

errorme

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggy View Post
How can people think this isn't legit? The source code is *RIGHT THERE*. Take a look at it and compile it yourself if you don't trust precompiled programs.

Props Jabe, nice work.
Demonic Announcer was called not legit when it first came out. I believe the source code was available for that all the time.
Tribunal App for Android was/is called not legit on GD (think it got auto-locked due to downvotes). It's source code was publicly available for months on Github and he had a guide to host your own version of the app so you didn't need to use his server.

h Strider

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
This is a tool that allows you to spectate anyone as long as you know their summoner name. It requires an installation of LoL and an account on the region you want to spectate.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any problems this program causes you. However, you have my word that this program is not malicious in any way and should not cause any problems. Source code is available below.

See attachments for screenshots of it in action.

How to use:
1) Make sure your Java is up to date (minimum Java version is 1.5.0)
2) Download the files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fp83zzps6t8u8t8 (zip file containing a jar file and a bat file) or http://www.mediafire.com/?kx05kkb05pf8g2l (this version doesn't save your password unless you put it in config.txt as "pass=foobar")
3) Extract the zip somewhere.
4) Double click the *.bat file. (You may be able to run the jar file directly if you're lucky)
5) Fill in the required information and start spectating people!
Note: This program requires a valid login for League of Legends. If you're worried about account security, create another account and use that.

How it works:
1) This program logs into Riot's servers using the information you provided.
2) Then, it asks Riot for the spectate info for the summoner you want.
3) Finally, it starts the game client in spectator mode.

Is it safe? Is it legal? Is it a keylogger?
-- Yes it's safe. Yes it's legal. No it's not a keylogger.
-- If you don't trust me, the source code is available here: https://code.google.com/p/lolrtmpsclient/

It's not working for me!
-- Make sure you update your Java.
-- Run the *.bat file, it's more likely to run the *.jar file properly.
-- Check config.txt to make sure all of the information is correct.
-- If the client is just a black screen, then the players are still in champ select or the first 3 minutes of the game.
-- If you get the error "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command..." first make sure you have Java installed then you need to add Java to the PATH -- see here and here
-- If you get the error "Unsupported major.minor version..." then you need to update Java.
-- If you get the error "An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext" when trying to spectate someone, then you got logged out (probably by the real client) and need to restart the program.
-- If you get the error "Game is not observable" when trying to spectate someone, then their game has an observer setting that prohibits you from observing.
-- Post here if you still can't figure it out.

You're crazy, have you made anything else?
I made JabeBot. See this thread for more information: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1294429
You have to be kidding me....This is going to make my daily casting 100x easier!
Can you spectate private custom games? Is there a maximum spectator amount that can be casting a game? I am not 100% sure how this works as if there are only 2 slots open for casting how does this overwrite that limit? I believe that this is legit but it also sounds like it could possibly invade pro's privacy for their scrims that they specifically decide to NOT stream or allow spectators. Can we get a red to verify if this will get you a temp ban? It almost sounds like it could breach the summoner code, but since it hasn't been deleted....it should be fine.