[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatchickencombo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

bump

Polarus Snipe

06-11-2012

After successfully configuring everything and I start to spectate..It ends up saying..

"Language file is missing. Please try reinstalling!"

Then..

"game_error_missing_asset_1

Jarvan IV

game_error_missing_asset_2"

Then a Bug Splat window appears.

The champion name would be the champions each player are playing in-game.

I haven't reinstalled the game as it takes a long time to. =/ I want to see first if anyone else has experienced this and fixed it.

Jabe

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarus Snipe View Post
After successfully configuring everything and I start to spectate..It ends up saying..

"Language file is missing. Please try reinstalling!"

Then..

"game_error_missing_asset_1

Jarvan IV

game_error_missing_asset_2"

Then a Bug Splat window appears.

The champion name would be the champions each player are playing in-game.

I haven't reinstalled the game as it takes a long time to. =/ I want to see first if anyone else has experienced this and fixed it.
Download the new version. The problem with the version you have it that it doesn't handle the program being run from a different drive than where LoL is installed.

Polarus Snipe

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
Download the new version. The problem with the version you have it that it doesn't handle the program being run from a different drive than where LoL is installed.
Thank you. The new version worked flawlessly for me.

Jabe

06-11-2012

UPDATE2: You can now check lists of people to see if they're in an observable game. See the original post for details.

Sageoffire

06-11-2012

First off, this is simply amazing, and you deserve so many cookies for this. not even kidding at all.

But i wanna ask, since there is a 3 minute delay you cant spectate a friends game in realtime. Obviously you cant actually change this, but what you probably CAN do is create some sort of tool that lets you delay your own audio to sync with the replays delay.

Ive looked online and i wasnt able to find anything that really worked for what i wanted to do. So i was wondering if this is something you could look into creating?

Jabe

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageoffire View Post
First off, this is simply amazing, and you deserve so many cookies for this. not even kidding at all.

But i wanna ask, since there is a 3 minute delay you cant spectate a friends game in realtime. Obviously you cant actually change this, but what you probably CAN do is create some sort of tool that lets you delay your own audio to sync with the replays delay.

Ive looked online and i wasnt able to find anything that really worked for what i wanted to do. So i was wondering if this is something you could look into creating?
Not my area of expertise. I'd suggest searching around for some more for software that does this.

Sageoffire

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
Not my area of expertise. I'd suggest searching around for some software that does this.
Aww, oh well thanks anyway then. Keep up the awesome work on the stuff you ARE an expert on

Cathadan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorme View Post
Demonic Announcer was called not legit when it first came out. I believe the source code was available for that all the time.
Tribunal App for Android was/is called not legit on GD (think it got auto-locked due to downvotes). It's source code was publicly available for months on Github and he had a guide to host your own version of the app so you didn't need to use his server.
While we're on the subject, kayson and I updated the Tribunal app last week to work with the new Tribunal format Riot rolled out at the end of last month. Source code, etc still available: https://github.com/noahm/MobileTribunal

We'll probably re-introduce it to GD at some point if I can convince a red to publicly show us some support. (They were in contact with us about the app originally and very supportive.)

Otherwise, this little spectate program seems really neat. Nice work again, Jabe!

Vecticism

06-12-2012

When entering a summoner name with a special character, i.e., , I get the message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at SpectateAnyone.main(SpectateAnyone.java:286)

Note I haven't browsed through the thread outside of the OP, so apologies if this has been posted/addressed already. Thanks for the work, it's a neat tool.

EDIT: Read through rest of the thread, saw you asked someone if their friends name had special characters in it but didn't see any follow up.