So how does the Dom community feel about Proving Grounds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

played it... ARAB is still way more fun than proving grounds

Phourc

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Meh. Apparently it's live balance who's in charge of dominion, not Brackhar and frendz.
And how well is that working for us? xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
pretty awesome they finally will have an official ARAM map. Wont have to worry about cheaters lol
I'm hoping for a queue, cause I never remember to check for custom games haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
played it... ARAB is still way more fun than proving grounds
Thought the point of PG was to be ARAB++? What don't you like about it? (asking cause I haven't played it yet)

WishMeLux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

here is what i posted in the pg forum: SO, where's dominion ranked?? Think I might just have to give up on that since if this is as half as awesome as it sounds dominions dead.

THE TRUTH

ShawNuff

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Thought the point of PG was to be ARAB++? What don't you like about it? (asking cause I haven't played it yet)
Ok, in ARAB and ARAM you get bizarre teamcomps... its a given since its a random mode. In ARAM you have a high likelyhood of getting a largely useless champion. In ARAB, most champions either work or at least you have a chance (and its usually at least fun). In ARAM games that you have no chance of winning can drag on forever, and useless champs stay useless. In ARAB, if you are completely screwed (rare), the game doesn't last too long, and even if you have a weak early game, you don't stay there too long. In ARAM a vanilla poke comp is always the best. In ARAB, you get all kinds of teamfight comps to work with.

Point being ARAB>>>>>>>> ARAM

and PG is just a sliver more acceptable than ARAM
1.) Essentially a SR mid lane
2.) Weaker map buff than the CS buff
3.) No random outer turret deaths (big plus)
4.) Some anti cheating measures (a plus for sure, but most games were fine anyways)
5.) Moderate healing debuff.
6.) Health relics

And the bad parts
1.) No healing at base if the inhib falls... you are just plain f****d unless you have someone with good lifesteal to clear the waves, and you are probably done for anyways... no need for a nexus when the inhibs decide the winner.
2.) Turret scaling. I want to see a larger gap in the turret damage from the first turret to the inhib turret.
3.) Snowballs too much
4.) A bit boring (and this is a new map too... def going to struggle to keep my interest at this point)

... better than a poke in the eye, but I'm probably not going to bother with it unless all my friends that I play ARAB with leave the mode and don't come back. I would definitely say its better than ARAM, so if you have been punishing yourself with that, go ahead and give it a try, but I prefer the Crystal Scar alternative quite a lot.

Makestro

06-10-2012

Quote:
Ok, in ARAB and ARAM you get bizarre teamcomps... its a given since its a random mode. In ARAM you have a high likelyhood of getting a largely useless champion. In ARAB, most champions either work or at least you have a chance (and its usually at least fun). In ARAM games that you have no chance of winning can drag on forever, and useless champs stay useless. In ARAB, if you are completely screwed (rare), the game doesn't last too long, and even if you have a weak early game, you don't stay there too long. In ARAM a vanilla poke comp is always the best. In ARAB, you get all kinds of teamfight comps to work with.

4.) Some anti cheating measures (a plus for sure, but most games were fine anyways)
6.) Health relics

And the bad parts
1.) No healing at base if the inhib falls... you are just plain f****d unless you have someone with good lifesteal to clear the waves, and you are probably done for anyways... no need for a nexus when the inhibs decide the winner.
2.) Turret scaling. I want to see a larger gap in the turret damage from the first turret to the inhib turret.
3.) Snowballs too much
4.) A bit boring (and this is a new map too... def going to struggle to keep my interest at this point)

... better than a poke in the eye, but I'm probably not going to bother with it unless all my friends that I play ARAB with leave the mode and don't come back. I would definitely say its better than ARAM, so if you have been punishing yourself with that, go ahead and give it a try, but I prefer the Crystal Scar alternative quite a lot.
It'll get balanced with community input just like Dominion did.

FDru

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
It'll get balanced with community input just like Dominion did.
So basically it is doomed.

Phourc

06-10-2012

Quote:

6.) Health relics

And the bad parts
3.) Snowballs too much

kinda sad to hear ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So basically it is doomed.
Oh, you!

Baby Daisy

06-11-2012

o.o im liking the map, i have been watching play it too.. makes me want to play it. D:

verted

06-11-2012

Its pretty good. It has a slower pacing then ARAB but not as slow as ARAM.

Xavderion

06-11-2012

Another fun map to play. Good job Riot.