So how does the Dom community feel about Proving Grounds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

06-09-2012

(Announcement here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...07155#25107155 )

Basically, the first tutorial map is getting turned into an official ARAM map, with a bit of the dom Aura/items thrown in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
There is increased ambient gold and experience, but it's not quite as high as on Crystal Scar. We did some tweaks to both to adjust for what we felt was appropriate pacing on the Proving Grounds.

[...]

Yep. The purchaseable item list looks a bit like a cross between Classic and Dominion right now. Notably, Guardian Angel and the SR snowball items are out. We may tweak this list as feedback comes in.
I'm kind of torn between 'Why u no fix dominion?!?' and 'about time Riot put out an official ARAM map'.

Thoughts? Opinions? Pure, unadulterated hate?

Karloseth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Huh. That's actually pretty badass. Great for solo duels in a custom game.

Now, is this something that we'll be able to que up for? From what I see, looks like they are only allowing it into the creation of custom games? Or am I mistaken?

Cauldrath

06-09-2012

The thing about this is that they didn't put any real development time into it. They just told the developers they could do whatever they wanted, and one of them did this. So it isn't like it took time from Dominion.

Renegade Talon

06-09-2012

The idiots who scream 1v1 me now have a map to play. Awesome!

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

They probably spent an afternoon throwing this together after they come to the conclusion they were going to remove the winter map. It doesn't really hurt Dom at all, nor does it help.

Now, with that said, if they turn around and make it a map selectable from the main interface without going into custom types, then we may have a small problem as some Dom players will leave for it to play it near-exclusively, same way they left SR for Dom.

Redeemed In Fire

06-09-2012

I'm liking it, whatever makes Dom and SR so frustrating is strangely absent in it so far. Not to say I'll totally quit Dominion though.

Phourc

06-09-2012

it looks like they just said it 'may' be added to queue if it's popular enough. Which would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
. So it isn't like it took time from Dominion.
They took our Brackhar though! >_>

Wish he was still working on dom, haha.

Makestro

06-09-2012

pretty awesome they finally will have an official ARAM map. Wont have to worry about cheaters lol

MMKH

06-09-2012

It would be interesting to try out once it's released, and put that into perspective with Dominion. Though I do hope Riot improves Dominion, especially if this new ARAM mode gets even more players than Dom lol...

zionist shill

06-09-2012

Meh. Apparently it's live balance who's in charge of dominion, not Brackhar and frendz.