Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
NOTE: NOT ALL THESE IDEAS SHOULD BE PUT TOGETHER INTO ONE, IF THEY WERE WARWICK WOULD BE AKIN TO THE MASTER YI REWORK, ONLY A COMBINATION OF A SELECTION OF THESE IDEAS IS MEANT TO BE IMPLEMENTED NOT ALL OF THEM TOGETHER. I WELCOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM BUT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER IDEAS THAT ARE BALANCED THAT ARE NOT LISTED HERE. SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO HERE ARE MY SUGESTIONS.
Lets all face it, Warwick is really outdated and needs a rework to be competitive again. He simply cannot stand up to the star junglers anymore due to lack of CC or and early gap closer. He also has no ranged spell. Unlike Udyr, who can haste and stun whenever he wants, or Shyvana who can at least land that skill shot debuff, He is lacking everything but strong sustain. Now, I agree that late game WW is a beast who can hunt you up to the laser turret with no fear, but lets be honest that it is very rare games go that long. I propose WW get a more streamlined look as well with better fur/fire or w/e that makes him look less like a mad dog and more like a cold killer alpha wolf. These are some proposed changes that i think would be welcome. The goal is not to make him OP, but to give him a more respected presence among the current junglers.
1. Passive: The current passive is good and seems to work well for him right now, I think it should be kept the way it is. It might be a good idea to make it scale with AD or AP, "might"
2. Spell 1: His Q is very effective but lowering the cost and decreasing the cooldown at early levels would help him alot more. Another option would be to change the damage to physical and increase the % damage to make up for late game armor stacking. He is more of a physical champion anyway.
3. Spell 2: The W is a really nice steroid and a great support move for AA based teams, but other than that is is kind of lacking. I propose that it also give his attacks AoE that scales with rank and procs his passive. This opens up a lot of good options for him and makes that first clear faster. He would still give the attack speed buff to team mates but he would get something more. The buff is wasted when he is alone in the jungle anyway. we need to reduce the cooldown of this spell at earlier levels if anything at all. Or you could make it do more damage to targets lower than 50% hp.
4. Spell 3: This spell is very good I like it a lot but I think we could give it some additional effects. The main thing is that the effect of slows should be reduced when it is active. Or also when it is active his cooldowns are reduced. Or you could double his passive ability. Or his AA reduce his cooldowns by 1 second something like that. Also like spell 2 suggestions targets below 50% take more damage. Also there could be a blood trail maybe that goes to the champions with lower than 50% (i mean u can see them on the map anyways and you could know how many are under by how many trails instead of having to click the map to check which one and maybe get killed in the process, i dont care if Mundo is under 50%)
5. Spell 4: This is a really good spell but the problem is that it is only single target. The changes to Spell 2 that i suggested should remedy this. If you wanted to keep it single target then it neads to come up at least 3 times in a team fight to make it effective. Currently when WW does his Ultimate , he becomes almost useless in team fights and is open to serious punishment. unlike Malzahar, he has to get up in there and so I feel it is best to give it a longer duration of 2.2-3.0 seconds or scale with rank. With the AoE change on spell 2 he could make an impact on teams that swarm and stay close to slippery targets like Vayne or Ezreal.
6. For a visual upgrade WW needs to have his lower body and upper body proportional, so no more steroid upper body look. When his E is active he should be on all fours with animations on his Q and R changed respectively. Recall animation is obvious, He howls at the moon( or w/e is up there). for joke he might say "Team Warwick not team Vladimir" A fun idea would be for him to turn back into a human when he dies, that would be interesting.
NOT ALL THESE CHANGES SHOULD BE TAKEN AS REQUEST, THESE ARE OPTIONS AND IDEAS FOR A CHAMPION WHO NEEDS TO BE UPDATED FOR THE METAS TO COME. IDEAS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ARE WELCOME.