Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the reason for queue dodge elo loss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezrick

06-09-2012

You lose 10 elo when you dodge a ranked game. Why? By playing with four other people I am betting that they will do well. If I don't think they will do well, I do not want to put my lot in with theirs. I dodge because I feel like I have the option to play without these four other people if I don't want to. Why should I lose elo for this choice?

Auricthunder

06-09-2012

Because champion selection is an important part of the game and part of what makes up your skill rating. If the other team outpicks you, dodging is essentially surrendering at 0:00.

Just think, you have 4 chances of getting a troll in your champ select, the other team has 5 chances.

Anyway, Riot has said that they're changing the Elo penalty because it's too easily abused (people dodging to lower Elos in order to roflstomp), so you don't have to worry about it for long.

Ezrick

06-09-2012

I am glad it's being changed, yet sad that it's for the wrong reason. I understand that picking champs is part of your elo, but I shouldn't be forced to play with people who in my opinion are worse than me.

If you are going to handle an elo system in a team game that was designed for a single player game then at least allow me to have some control over who my teammates are.

Bead Dabies

06-13-2012

If I have an Evelynn running Promote Revive on my team and I dodge that queue, why should I be penalized for having to deal with that? There should at least be a kick option IMO.
Just my two cents on the matter.

lycanmaster53

Recruiter

06-14-2012

Had all roles filled except jungle, and then had 5th pick snag draven and go bot along with ashe and blitzcrank. needless to say I was pissed, but I didnt dodge because of the potential damage to my ELO