Nautilus On The Crystal Scar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maugrymm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

So, I played quite a bit of Nautilus in Dominion when he first dropped, with a pretty good success rate. But as of late, I cannot play Naut to save my life. I have no idea why, but I'm assuming I'm just sucking it up due to improper builds, and of course, my own mistakes.

I'm here to ask for help, Dominion players. What builds have worked best for you? What runes and masteries would you all suggest, to make the most out of this beast of the depths on the Crystal Scar? Any advice will be taken to heart, because I miss playing Nautilus, and I want to do it well.

Cauldrath

06-09-2012

When I play Nautilus, I pick him whenever my team is lacking magic damage, then focus on building a lot of flat magic pen while remaining really tanky, so the enemy is forced to build MR or allow me to do crazy amounts of damage for a tank, especially if they try to ignore me. If you're looking more for CC spam, a build focused on CDR would be more appropriate, but I feel that other tanks, like Alistar, fill that role better.

Runes: magic pen marks/quints, flat armor seals, flat CDR glyphs with 1 MR/level

Masteries: 0/22/8

(Note: these might benefit from some tweaking to be specific to Naut, as I use these pages for other champs, as well)

Build:

Usual start: 2xDoran's Shield, Boots, Health Pots (grab a Null-Magic Mantle and 1 Doran's if you see a lot of magic damage on the enemy team)

My usual build (in whatever order is most appropriate, usually focusing on tankiness initially): Sunfire Cape, Abyssal Scepter, Haunting Guise, Aegis of the Legion

Redeemed In Fire

06-09-2012

Can't provide runes help (I just run a couple generic pages right now), but I use a 0/21/9 mastery page. For summoners, I recommend Ghost/Heal or Ghost/Flash.

Start 2x shield, boots, pots. Get a chain vest and giant's belt ASAP, then build a glacial shroud and a negatron cloak. Sell one of the shields and replace it with a Wit's End (works surprisingly well, you should try it), then from there buy more defense items as situation requires.

Item options: Frozen Mallet or Rylais (prefer Mallet), Sunfire Cape, Thornmail, Randuin's, Abyssal, Wit's End, Aegis (pick as needed)

Primary combo is reel someone in with Q, immediately activate shield and autoattack snare, hit E as it wears off to slow them. Use your first attacks strategically to slow and block people from going where they want. There are a number of common spots you can use your Q for in mobility; try a practice game and get the feel of how far away you can throw the anchor to walls.

I recommend a skilling order of R>Q>W>E since you get more shield and more damage from W on level up, which translates into being a bigger threat.

I highly recommend duoing with someone who can play a squishy high DPS character so that you can coordinate and stick together.

Karloseth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Run with a fed Yi.

Lethal stoner

06-10-2012

go ap hp then tank or moar ap

roa rylays guise etc lich bane end game also makes u hit like a truck with the passive