A World of Ruin (Application RP)

1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

07-30-2012

Recently, after some kind words from some talented RPers, I decided to stay here and test the waters a bit more.

This is a little unorthodox, but this takes place well after the end of the League, and after current times. All the city-states remain, and some new ones have risen. Featured among the new city-states is Krizar City, which most of you who know me, know this place. But back to the point. The League is gone, and for over a hundred years there was war, peace, and more war. Magic has destroyed much, and finally, in the lands darkest hour, a new army arose.

This army, the Divine, have come to quell the magical plague that has for so long ravished Valoran, and Runeterra. Led by their King, and Archbishop, a righteous fanatic who believes magic can only be wielded by the most privileged. they have come to Valoran, gathering support and hunting down who use magic openly. This act has surprisingly been popular.

Now, magic is rare and a fading memory. Those who are capable of it are feared and branded as heretics, hunted to death.

And, of course, with all new rule, there are those who oppose this. Powerful mages lurk in the depths, and among them, a notorious Summoner who has found the means to reach immortality. Luparis Enes. For a hundred years, Luparis has remained silent, planning a new method to destroy the land of Valoran and restore magic to its roots where he feels it belongs.

"Will you serve the land of Valoran, or will you bring about its destruction?" High King of the Divine, Victor Henclane, at a meeting with leaders of the city-states.

the Divine- a group that rose from numerous corners of valoran, under the banner of a man named, Victor Henclane. This religious zealot believes magic to be a plague, and the inevitable destruction of Valoran. As unopposed leader of Valoran, he seeks to eradicate magic from the land and bring about a new world. *based where the Institute was*

Noxus/Piltover/Bandle City/Zaun/Freljord/Ionia - are all on the same terms as in the past. Now, however, they are under new leadership which is yet undecided.

Krizar City - led by the grandson of Delmegar Amaron; Zane Amaron. Zane is not a fan of the Divine, but so long as he is allowed to run his city as he sees fit, he is happy.

Ushers of Ruin - in the past, Luparis was chosen by a goddess called Dolesta to save the land. What happened is yet unknown, but what is known, is that Luparis managed to escape with his life. Now, after a hundred years, Luparis has learned new and more powerful magics. Having truly embraced the art of Summoning, this Destroyer has created an army, and brought forth creatures from other realms. But, is he truly the enemy?

Diviners Sanctuary, Former institute of War

"Hraagh!" The Diviner cowered before the falling blade. He raised his arms, and lost them trying to defend against the dark blade. Blood sprayed across the white hall, onto the assailant - a man with long white hair, red tattoos on his face, a scar over each eyes, and wild crimson eyes. The assailaint, the one known as the Destroyer, pulled free the blade from his victims skull. Around him were dozens of others. "This time, there will be none to stand in my way. For the will of Dolesta, her security, and to usher in Ruin; I will succeed."

He heard footsteps, and shouts coming closer and closer with every step. A smile crept to one corner of his mouth, and he dispelled his blade - vanishing in a puff of flame. His hand ignited with a green flame which he lifted a pointed finger to carve out runes into the sky. The flames materialized, merging together with each word carved, and soon turned red, then purple, then green again.

"You're too late!" Luparis laughed at the guards in white that appeared at either end of the long corridor. He stepped over one of the bodies, and pointed at a guard. "Tell your King that Luparis has returned, that this land will be reborn yet again. And tell him, that before this is all over.. his life will be the definition of Ruin!" The green flame rune exploded, tearing a massive hole in the wall where he stood. He immediately jumped through, and vanished in thin air.

Írillyth

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmegar View Post
Recently, after some kind words from some talented RPers, I decided to stay here and test the waters a bit more.

This army, the Divine, have come to quell the magical plague that has for so long ravished Valoran, and Runeterra. Led by their King, and Archbishop, a righteous fanatic who believes magic can only be wielded by the most privileged. they have come to Valoran, gathering support and hunting down who use magic openly. This act has surprisingly been popular.

Now, magic is rare and a fading memory. Those who are capable of it are feared and branded as heretics, hunted to death.
(( Reminds me of Havel from Dark Souls... Cept he was against magic period ))

Delmegar

07-30-2012

((Havel, not sure I remember which that was. But great game.))

Írillyth

07-30-2012

(( Havel. Big stone Knight. Dragon Tooth maul. Insta gibs you if you don't dodge? ))

Delmegar

07-30-2012

((ah right, the one in the basement. what a dirty sob. But such an easy opponent.))

Lunari Fox

07-30-2012

(( I'd like to join in this ! But does our character grows older or remains at the same age ? ))

Delmegar

07-30-2012

((Not sure what you mean. Most Champions, all that are human with the exception of say, Zilean, are dead. Magical beings still exist, but if you had someone who was twenty in current times, then yes, he would be a one hundred-twenty. So, you would need a new character or very good reason to have it otherwise.))

SmileyDemon

07-30-2012

(( Gabranth will join as the leader of Noxus is this ok ?))

Delmegar

07-30-2012

((certainly, I like that character a lot. but you need a plausible explanation for him still being alive, and for being Noxus' new leader.))

SmileyDemon

07-30-2012

(( He contracted chrono-displasia and has been living with it for awhile. As for being the leader of Noxus he was able to prove he was the progenitor of the Darkwill legacy))

1234511 ... 27