League Freezes Comp and screen turns black. Sound loops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jt Martin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

League freezes anywhere after anywhere from 5 - 20 min of gameplay. The screen turns black and my monitor says no connection. The sound loops the music or sometime skips and my computer in non-responsive, just the looping sound plays.

I have a i5 3570k, not overclocked, 16gig RAM, Radeon HD 7870 2gigs GDDR 5 PCI express 3.0. 750w powersupply. I am running cool. There are no overheating issues. I can run more demanding games and no problems.

Just recently started happening after the new champ update. Very annoying. Any fixes?

Jt Martin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Also running a SSD SATA 6. Don't know why that would be a problem. Might try my HD.

ExTaCy1337

11-03-2012

I have exactly the same problem , I5 3570K Not overclocked, Corsair GS500 (500W) , 8GB RAM , Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo, & ATI Radeon HD7870 GHz Edition 2GB DDR5

Almost everytime I play LoL I get this black screen stuck and the sound looping at least 1 or 2 times per game, did you found any FIX?
I think it's the GPU as I've done my research it's faulty -.- ....
It isn't the SSD, I had the same problem with mechanical drive, 5 days ago I bought an SSD and still have the same problems 3 months now. (I built the PC 3 months ago, everything new :/)

Jarno

11-03-2012

Alright I seemed to have the same issues as you guys. I was running on a laptop. I'm not home right now so I'm going to try to do this all from memory. My laptop has some on-board ati graphics card and 6gb of ram with an intel processor thats really all I can give on that note lol. Anyway I started having problems after the Jayce patch and my black screens got so bad it literally would black screen like 30 seconds after starting a game. I dont know about your black screens, but when I got them it required me to just hold down the power button and restart my whole computer. I'll list all the things I did here so hopefully some of it will help you.

1) Set League of Legends to run in windowed mode. (I know windowed mode is annoying but when I tried it even borderless it didnt work)

2) Change the display settings of your adapter. To do this:
*Right click on your desktop and click "screen resolution" (assuming your running windows 7)
*click "advanced settings"
*click on the "adapter" tab and click "list all modes".
*Mine was set to its best default resolution it could handle. Like I said I dont have the computer in front of
me right now so I dont know exactly sorry. But what I did was I changed it from the default say it was
like 1280 x 720 (32-bit) to 1280 x 720 (16-bit). Not sure if yours will be the same but you could try to
change it anyway if it has different hertz (say one has 60 hertz and the other has 30)

3) Next I re-installed league to a different directory. On my machine it was trying to install it directly into the
c-drive. I changed it to install in program files. (Run cc cleaner if you want)

4) Finally I relaunched league, making sure it was in windowed mode and changed the in game resolution to match the one that i set in step 2.

5)I also ran cc cleaner. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but I would recommend doing it anyway after you un-install league and before you re-install it.

So... there you have it haha. I'm not sure why doing all this worked but it did for me. This is my first post here on the LoL forums and saw that you were having the same issue I had for weeks so I thought I'd drop in here and see if I could be of any help. Hopefully doing some of this if you try it will solve your black screen issues. If you have any question let me know.

Thanks and good luck!