Is Darius OP?

Yes 100 48.78%
No 107 52.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cards and Dice

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehunter456 View Post
I find that Cho'Gath is a very good counter to Darius. Here's what happens:

Oh no! Darius just pulled you in! Use your W on him (I seriously don't know how you can miss that) so he can't dish out more damage with his Q. Rupture him and then auto attack with your spikes. You win the trade and the lane. Since most Dariuses just got him because of his ulti, they never thought of being countered. So that just makes everything easier. GG you won.
It's not just Cho'Gath either. Jax can do the same thing with his e, just counterstrike all the aas and punish Darius. Irelia can use Hiten Style to heal it off, Jayce has his hammer knockback, and Yorick... is Yorick.

GG Darius.

ZachTheApathetic

01-30-2013

Well first off, you need to read the forums more. There seems to be a thread everyweek of how darius is OP, and then 5 million hate messages pop up telling the poor guys who complains how bad he is. It's brutal and unnecessary, but somewhat true to put it bluntly. Just read up on how to counter him, lots of sites for that, including here.

Pretty much any champ that can kite at all without getting inside the range of his pull counters him. Most notably Teemo, Yorick, Jayce, and many others.

Bait his q at early levels, and when he misses it, go in and punish him. He will have to back off. Poke him as much as can as he has no sustain.

Hopefully this helps, for more indepth guides, just google it up.

GonefishingX

01-30-2013

Darius like many of the tanky bruisers is a newb stomper. He is blatantly overpowered in blind pick and against players of moderate or lower skill, but in ranked matches with higher skilled players he becomes almost useless. He also completely ruins almost every game he is in either because he get rolled by someone who knows what they are doing or he gets some gold and rofl stomps everyone. I have never seen anything in between; either he dominates team fights or just is worthless.

Ahem, to everyone who keeps telling the OP to counter Darius by 'playing better'. Seriously just stop, playing well is not a 'counter'. A champion that punishes players for simply playing the game and learning is not a fun champion nor is it a fair champion. As for kiting, that only works when you're laneing, its hard to kite him in a team fight.

Also Darius snowballs incredibly hard and with the season 3 items can build a potent mix of damage and Health. This causes a very frustrating team fight situation. If you focus darius you let the Carries utterly destroy you and he usually lives but if you focus the Carries they will often die but then Darius often cleans the entire team up. It usually creates a no win situation in straight up team fights which, unless darius's team is totally stupid, will be the only fights they will engage in.

LegendAwaknd

01-30-2013

Singed is more dangerous than Darius. I don't worry when I see a Darius, but I do worry when I see a Singed.

Acid Alligator

01-30-2013

My issue with Darius is that it doesn't matter how hard you destroy him- he will always be able to ridiculous damage, no matter what.

I played a game once where a Riven went top against a Darius. She was 6/0/1, he was 0/70.

Know what happens? End of the game he's 11/9/12 or something, all because of the ult, and we honestly lost the game because while we focused their ADC (since he was 0/7/0 and all), he would simply ult us. Also, he only had one item that gave him Attack Damage, and that was a Frozen Mallet. No champ who builds armor and health should be able to do THAT much damage.

His Q is fine. His W is fine. His E is fine. His passive, though annoying, is fine. But a refreshable true damage ult is going overboard. Imagine if Cho's ult refreshed on a champion kill. Something tells me people would be raging about it all over the forums.

A true damage ult is fine, a refreshable ult is fine, but both of them together make him an obnoxious champion.

Grimm Dreogan

01-31-2013

The only thing OP about Darius is his ultimate. Scaling true damage, possibility of doubling it, and CD refresh on kill. Darius is pretty lame, and he was one of those FotM champions. All of Darius' skills are to make ulting you easier. I don't think he is OP, but his ultimate seriously needs work.

VitaminBeer

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
if darius OP, why do NONE of the pro teams use him?

he deals heavy damage because he's melee and does nothing else. no maneuverability, no initiate, no escape, no defense, and modest cc.
in that regard he reminds me of nasus.
Pro teams don't UAE him because he's not q team player, he kill steals

Aringhe

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminBeer View Post
Pro teams don't UAE him because he's not q team player, he kill steals
Pro teams don't care about kills, they care about winning. If feeding Darius gave them an instant win, they'd feed him all day.

Darius is weak. He is extremely vulnerable to peeling from the support (most support can do it all by his lonesome, if he wanted to) and is very limited in what he can do in a team fight. Even slight CC will wreck him if he can't touch the ADC. When he's forced to fight the enemy bruisers/tank, he's forced to take damage from the back line mid/AD. He'll be losing a lot of life there, so building tanky is necessary, but then he's not doing any damage.

He's a pubstomper. Orianna, my favorite mid champions, can transition so well into late game against Darius, she is a counterpick even if she's not in the same lane as him (similar to the age-old Soraka vs Karthus counter pick). Darius is nowhere near overpowered; he just needs a little bit of communication or common sense to beat.

ItachiEdoT

01-31-2013

darius need a true fit this OP and end to end and 1% do not need skill to use it: S

Wrath of Sekhmet

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrelia View Post
Darius is not OP. He has no escape mechanic. He gets shut down by hard CC and is easily countered by burst damage and run tactics. If his ulti doesn't kill someone in a teamfight, he is now no different from any other melee bruiser, except he will probably do less damage (because of very tanky builds) or he'll die very fast (because of very squishy builds). His whole kit is designed for KS'ing your team, stealing kills and gold away from your carries who need it. Darius is not an OP champ. Watch some featured streams with Darius and see what happens.
Which is, of course, why it's a poor design whether he's actually OP or not.