Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Firefox Ahri Skin: Underwhelming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArmySquirrel

06-09-2012

The orb color should stay blue, for canon and for it matching the Firefox logo. Now we just need a parody of the Firefox logo with Fire Fox Ahri wrapped around her orb. But I could see the Fox Fire color changing to orangey.

Note, I have not seen the in-game model. It's also possible the skin isn't done yet, wouldn't be the first time.

AndrewRogue

06-09-2012

Foxfire should probably change, Charm I could give or take, orb should stay.

tjddnr

06-09-2012

-I WOULD PREFER IF THEY CHANGED THE ANIMATIONS
XERATH GOT AWESOME ANIMATIONS
I DONT EVEN PLAY XERATH BUT IM THINKING OF BUYING IT
CHANGE THE ORB COLOR I MEAN HOW CAN YOU NOT DO THAT
-AND HER TAILS (TOO RIGID AND FAT AND UGLY)
I WANT FIREBENDER AHRI NOW

anyways thanks riot i'll still buy it cause of the splash.

mambawarrior

06-09-2012

I like the orb, but i definately agree with the rest.

Lunatic Runagate

06-09-2012

I like that the orb is staying blue, but I really think they should have recolored the particles on W, especially since they did for her R. Nonetheless, I really like this skin and will probably still get it.

LoveToOwn

06-09-2012

lame skin is lame

Soraichu

06-09-2012

butbutbut people were asking for firefox ahri, so the blue and green orbs represent the earth...
get it? firefox around the earth. Liek firefox. D:

On a more serious note, yes, I agree with you guys that the orb should match the skin better.
The blue looks kinda lame on foxfire Ahri, honestly. I'm almost 100% sure that Riot will come through and change it for us, though. C:

ohdatLass

06-09-2012

Sad but true. They can recolour the Ult's fire, but W and Q have to stay the same due to gameplay?

Pure laziness.

travisbond

06-09-2012

The sense of entitlement I see everywhere about this skin is ridiculous. People saying, "Riot, we will not buy this skin until you make it how we want it." "Riot, you failed miserably, you MUST remake this."

I can't believe it. lol. I personally like this skin a lot. It's far better than the other two of Ahri's skins. Sure, they could have done more in the particle effects if they wanted to with the other spells, and no one is saying they wont. It's not released yet, so they can still make alterations. But whether they do or not is beside the point. Riot heard people saying they'd like a new Ahri skin because they don't like what she's got now. They made a new skin, which looks amazing, and because it doesn't match up to your standards of what another champion got, everyone rages? Grow up. Seriously. If you like the Xerath skin so much, learn xerath and buy him and that skin. People act like their champion is a real life person and deserve equal opportunity everything. It's sad to see how disrespectful and demanding a group of gamers are about a game that they get to play for free.

Volcaetis

06-09-2012

I'm going to reiterate a point I made earlier in the thread for everyone who isn't reading through all of it.

What bothered me about the skin is that they changed the particles on the ult, but not on anything else. It makes the skin look half-finished. In my opinion, if Riot is going to change particle effects, it shouldn't just be on one skill. Either change several particle effects, or change none at all. Imagine if Cryocore Brand only had blue fire on his Pyroclasm, but everything else kept the red fire. Or if Surprise Party Fiddlesticks got the pinwheel ultimate, but everything else was their normal animations. It would just look silly.