How to reduce Lag while playing LOL ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eating Vanilla

06-08-2012

~Howdy,

Does anyone knows how to reduce lag while playing LOL ?

My wifi is a Carrier Network from my Andriod Sensation! ( That explains the lag I got from ) it is a 5G ( which I have to use wisely for 1 month ). In the option, I put character resolution, background and environment to ' Very Low ' and still lags. I muted all music and sounds to reduce lag but still the same thing... Is there any other ways ? Does changing the options deeply helps or just a tad ? And of course, I don't open other tab or internet explorer on... Please help !!

Everytime I plays, I always Disconnect and this makes me banned for 1 day !! I'm fed up with this !! I dc like 7 times per game and it's not funny after the 7th time!

Please help me !! I'll appreciate if you actually take a picture of the options of what Im meant to do and change !! S.O.S !!

~Toodles~

vFresh

06-08-2012

If by reducing lag you mean increasing your FPS set 'LeagueofLegends' under Task Manager > Processes to highest priority.

If this is an internet issue I have no idea.

Bullen

06-08-2012

I suggest just not playing and ruining the game for 4 other people on your team?

Ketsuka

06-08-2012

get a better comp

Eating Vanilla

06-08-2012

Like I want things to run smoothly... my character kept on running for 3 second, stop, 3 second and stop ... It's irritating !!

Eating Vanilla

06-08-2012

Its a laptop ... my friend told me its the connection's fault

Luckybed

06-08-2012

Yea. That is just wireless being worse than cable. There is no fix around that. I too suffer. Some days are good and some days are bannable. Sorry man. You can probably just disable Windows Firewall to try to mitigate that lag, but don't expect much from doing that.

Bullen

06-08-2012

its not so much the speed of the of it, its if its stable or not (packet loss, dropping out for 2\3 seconds ect) atleast thats from my experience with uwing my mobile.
changing grapics, ****ing with firewalls and muting sound isnt going to help

but really dont ruin other peoples games if your connection is dodgy, you probably deserve your ban. atleast test in a custom or something before trying otherwise you'll just cop more (deserved) bans

Heek

06-10-2012

I have a lag problem .
My FPS is fine (40-60) but there are random 0.5-1 second (which can make a huge difference) lag spikes every 5-10 seconds.
It's incredibly annoying.

LittleSneak

06-10-2012

you could always try to vacuum the insides of your computer. Dust build up inside a computer will cause computers to overheat and computers that are overheated perform much slower.