Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving grounds initial feedback.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cantras

06-18-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
What I meant by health relic placement was in response to the poster above my previous post, who I should have quoted. It was regarding health relics in the base. I do have some issues with the existing health relic locations though, particularly in how players will walk into them naturally due to pathing on the map. There's been some interesting mechanical suggestions made by the community (like right-clicking the relics), but it'd be strange to have different relic mechanics on different maps despite the visual similarity.

Pathing through does happen a lot I've noticed. I'll chase someone or be chased and, since they're kind of in the way, my opponents/I will walk right through it without even really needing it. It's probably more of a "I should've been more careful" thing to begin with and, having them there when you actually need it is awesome. As for the right click idea, I'd agree that it'd be a tiny bit jarring to have the same pick up work on different mechanics. It prevents the accidental pickup but, at the same time, that split second to stop and click on it vs. just walking through it may be the difference between people surviving or dying.

...I guess I didn't really provide feedback as much as I played Devil's advocate here. Oh well >_>

JimMaru

Recruiter

06-18-2012

I loved the new map, but I have one particular issue that has made it almost unplayable for me.
The map seems way too zoomed in. Even though I play at 1360x768 resolution, I aways seems like 1280x768 for me.

For me it seems that the camera on the map makes it even more difficult for the players on the right Nexus to fight than the whole Purple vs Blue top on SR...
Can't we have just a bit less of zoom on that map? Vision seems way to weird on that map for more difficult champions that rely on vision, skill-shotting and whatnot.

CowInSpace13

06-18-2012

2 things that I would love to see
1) Promote is generally accepted as illegal in ARAM and ARAB, but it's in there.
2) Please make it a random, blind, and draft normal queue. That would be AWESOME!

DUDE BRO

06-19-2012

Not sure if this has been suggested yet or not, but for the support characters:

Why not leave the passive buff for -20% regeneration effects, but add an additional -15% heal effectiveness from healing spells only. The -35% to healing spells will bring support more in line, and allow them to build AP builds and become strong offensive opponents, without their support becoming too powerful as well. (I'm sure you already know how overly effective offensive supports are in ARAB.. I've pentakilled with both soraka and karma in it)

Prinsiwo

06-19-2012

I would like to see a draft mode with this mode. Some champs are just ridiculously strong in that mode (ez/nid etc) you don't even need skill to do good.

CowInSpace13

06-19-2012

And when you have skill with someone like Nidalee, it becomes hilariously fun. Especially when the other team has a Nidalee building ad and isn't doing nearly as good.

Turbo164

Recruiter

06-19-2012

Quote:
CowInSpace13:
2 things that I would love to see
1) Promote is generally accepted as illegal in ARAM and ARAB, but it's in there.
2) Please make it a random, blind, and draft normal queue. That would be AWESOME!

1) I personally don't see Promote as being too powerful in single-lane games. When you can split push and have 1v1 and 2v2 fights all over, it's hard for 0-2 defenders to kill a promoted minion (especially if there's a Promote in more than one lane!). When there are always 5 defenders in the same lane, it might sorta maybe sometimes deal a couple extra damage to the tower compared to a normal minion before getting focused down, but Heal would usually have helped the team push even more.

Maybe with the respawn timers it's a problem, if you save promote for post-Ace inhib-busting fights only? I'd say leave it in for now, and see if it deserves its reputation or not; this is beta after all.

2) No argument here

CowInSpace13

06-19-2012

Quote:
Turbo164:
1) I personally don't see Promote as being too powerful in single-lane games. When you can split push and have 1v1 and 2v2 fights all over, it's hard for 0-2 defenders to kill a promoted minion (especially if there's a Promote in more than one lane!). When there are always 5 defenders in the same lane, it might sorta maybe sometimes deal a couple extra damage to the tower compared to a normal minion before getting focused down, but Heal would usually have helped the team push even more.

Maybe with the respawn timers it's a problem, if you save promote for post-Ace inhib-busting fights only? I'd say leave it in for now, and see if it deserves its reputation or not; this is beta after all.

2) No argument here

I'm not really arguing against having promote in there. (Personally I don't really care) I was just pointing out that the general consensus is that promote is not allowed in ARAB or ARAM. I'm guessing its for that exact purpose of pushing down a tower or 2 or even to victory during a pretty early ace

Deathcapt

06-19-2012

Anyone else feel like this game doesn't need the map aura? Passive Exp, and gold is o.k. but the healing debuff and mp5 buff is unnecessary and unbalances a lot of the champions, takes a lot of the skill out of using champions and turns into a spam war. ARAM already favoured poke champs in SR,

Is there a way for full hp champions to ignore health shrines?