Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving Grounds Playable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plamore

06-08-2012

<3

The Soraka

06-08-2012

Oh oh!

Could you do some copy and pasting of scripts with a little editing (I know how this works) to make an All Random Draft Pick mode? There are some champions who notably are too good in ARAM, and giving the teams the option to ban them would be nice.

sicdeath

06-08-2012

This is awesome Brackhar <3 Thank You <3

Fomorian27

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Very nice. Will you also be greying out or crossing out all the bannable items, like leviathon, sword, etc?

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-08-2012

Quote:
Daneruuu:
Any chance that it will have the same increased GP10 and Exp bonuses as Dominion?

There is increased ambient gold and experience, but it's not quite as high as on Crystal Scar. We did some tweaks to both to adjust for what we felt was appropriate pacing on the Proving Grounds.

Quote:
Fomorian27:
Very nice. Will you also be greying out or crossing out all the bannable items, like leviathon, sword, etc?

Yep. The purchaseable item list looks a bit like a cross between Classic and Dominion right now. Notably, Guardian Angel and the SR snowball items are out. We may tweak this list as feedback comes in.

Brackhar

Features Designer

06-08-2012

Quote:
Just me Soraka:
Oh oh!

Could you do some copy and pasting of scripts with a little editing (I know how this works) to make an All Random Draft Pick mode? There are some champions who notably are too good in ARAM, and giving the teams the option to ban them would be nice.

I actually want to do exactly this. The trick will be securing the resources to do so, but I'll be trying to bribe a few people with donuts over the next two weeks.

MCXL

06-08-2012

This is the best thing ever.

Good.

Job.

Jixson

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Any chance we could remove TT(or just add a 5th map to the client)and get a "Summer" Summoner's rift?

The wait between Winter, and Fall as a random map is really long, so a Summery feeling SR would be nice. Think of the normal SR and Spring, and we have Fall and Winter. We need a summer one that is a bit brown, but bright.

IshiFox

06-08-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:
Yeah I agree, something to help with dodgers would be awesome. It was a bit out of scope for this release unfortunately (queue dodge penalties are a foreign concept to our custom game flow), but I have some ideas that we might be able to do in the short term.

You generally find less dodgers in ARAB's on the dominion map, think this is more to do with the space players have. Could nothing be implimented to widen up the training grounds narrow path, as opposed to making totally new maps. Doing this may allow for people to give champs a try before thinking that they will keep dodging until they get Zilean, Nidalee or Yi.

Also another idea would be to allow an all random pick which negates runes and Masteries and puts you straight on to the loading screen after you hit play? Call it hardcore random pick or something i dont know.... This would mean no swapping I know, but could stop the accidental dodgers and the intentional ones.

wekcasa

06-08-2012

wow thank you riot!!!!