Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving Grounds Playable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abjurant

06-08-2012

Awesome! impatient as i usually am, i'm really glad this finally came along

question though... is there any brush?

and how much of the map do we get to see

Vulking

06-08-2012

So, is this gonna be supported as a main game mode like Classic and Dominion? or this will be Custom Game only?

JoeJin

06-08-2012

aww, goodbye Summoner's Rift, I loved you, but this new mode, OMG SOUNDS SO SHINY!$!

Celebi

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Now these are GOOOOOOD news! Thank you Riot, for making one of the most asked for option available.

How proud I am right now, ...

Xaractis

06-08-2012

Add a new sort of Baron that gives u a 5v5 all mid ARAM buff? in the jungle , but dont make it a worm , Make it as a Scary Monster that just 2x stronger than Baron

Fishous

06-08-2012

You need a bonus, my main man. Of all the things Riot talks about doing, few are actually done.

Brackhar

Features Designer

06-08-2012

Quote:
RadioAaron:
This game mode should be closer to ARAB than ARAM honestly. Its a step in the right direction though.

ARAB is better than PG currently because:
- Horizontal game map (no psychological advantage)
- More health relics (that arent completely out of the way)
- Faster gold per second generation (allows for more fun builds)
- Smaller = More Action
- Larger buffs for being on the map itself
- Dominion Turret is more team based to capture
- Better Music

Proving Grounds should be more like ARAB if you want more people to play it over ARAB.

This is a pretty good critique honestly. We did do a lot with this map to try and address some of these concerns though:

- Added health relic
- Increased gold gain
- Reduced the map size
- Added new(ish) music

Spikywarkitten

06-08-2012

I am eager to try this. I appreciate your effort and work, Brackhar and team!

RexSaur

06-08-2012

Aaaa nvm.

DreamsOfGrandeur

06-08-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
Based on testing, gameplay could be characterized as a hybrid between the two. There's certainly elements of what you mentioned on the map though. We wanted to target a shorter game time (roughly 25 minutes on average), which necessitated the change in mechanics.

When I first heard about Dominion's shorter games, I was excited. But, upon trying it, I realized I was dead wrong.

Some of us actually enjoy the monotonous tediousness of the slow parts of Summoner's Rift. The stuff that makes the games last longer.
It gives us time to think of what to do next, and time to enjoy the big moments more. It has time for intense fantastic moments, but also time to decompress and get back into rhythm.

I still enjoy Dominion quite a bit, but I default on Summoner's Rift, because I enjoy the slow aspects too and Dominion does very little to fill that gap; it only focuses on intensifying what's already very intense and sometimes it just goes over my head.

Although, I suppose the main reason Dominion's ARAM style games are different is the distance between "towers".
Less danger in the conflict zone, so the initiators tend to rush in head-first.