need help with making a guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellzwrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

if i want to make a video guide how would i make what is on my screen a video so i can do an in game commentary and talk and stuff

PonPonWeiWeiWei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Fraps is a good program as well as XSplit, but those cost money to get licenses for.

I am sure if you did a quick google search for Free PC Game Capture you might find something that would be either free or cheaper than Fraps or XSplit.

hellzwrath

06-08-2012

i got xsplit for like livestreaming but yea. i think ive heard of hypercam but im not sure wut it is

PonPonWeiWeiWei

06-08-2012

Well if you have XSplit, there is an option to do Local Recordings, and that works fairly well. Makes a nice low sized file that just needs to be rendered in a video editing tool.

midillusion

06-08-2012

If you want decent quality video (and by decent, I mean watchable), you'll need to pay for it. In my experience, free software like this is free for a reason, mostly because nobody in their right minds will pay anything for it. For me, fraps is the best and is pretty cheap as well ($20 one-time payment I think). There is a free trial of sorts where you can download the software for free and make 30 second videos with it to test how it works and see the video quality. I would recommend doing that and seeing what you think.