((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paltala

09-12-2012

Mort jumped back when Li punched the table, scared and not knowing what just happened, he took a few steps back to give him some space, daring not to talk again.

AskKarthus

09-12-2012

Calm down Li. The more stressed you are, or anyone is, the more we play into our foe's hands. Failure is not an option, calm down, and focus. Rest if you must.

Think of this scenario from our foe's perspective. I hardly matter, as my spellbook is missing, Caitlyn is unconscious, Mort and Claude are both tired, and I don't know about the rest. You are obviously anxious, and we are in unknown territory. The more stressed anyone becomes, the more likely our mission is to self destruct. If that happens, you may all die, and I have to start from square one again.

Dynamic NPC RP

09-13-2012

Book

The book that Claude held opened in its own accord, and to the fiftieth page it opened. It described what had happened moments ago, just before the Shinobi has arrived to reunite with the rescued group. It read:

"Karthus read the Book of Flesh, mistaking it for his book, especially by the strange "L" shape on its face. He read the chanting words in it, as though he was forced, and then, before he knew it, he was no longer his former self; he was human. A cold, undead, slender being that looked like a human, yet still fit to be able to sing his Requiem, only with the company of his staff. But the Kiang Li arrived, and he appeared enraged."

The page faded like nothing the instant the word 'enraged' was read. In fact, the page itself vanished, and the memory of what happened would soon remind Claude, and leave him in mysterious thoughts.

Rudmed

09-14-2012

Claude shook his head and then looked back down at the book. That was odd...really odd. He set the book down on the table, and would walk over to see what was occuring, "So what exactly happened over here?"

Paltala

09-15-2012

"I don't know but it's got me worried." Mort said to Claude.

((bamp))

AskKarthus

09-15-2012

"Anything new?" Karthus looks at the book. "I think I've seen a book like that before, interesting isn't it. Its probably a good idea to leave it be. Things are never as they seem here."

Kiang Li

09-16-2012

Book

The book slammed its spine into the table and cracked open the fiftieth page. Light shone from the page as it began to reveal more words. It would crave the attention of Claude, but it seemed that it did not want the attention of the indignant ninja that stood before a table. A calm voice of a man spoke and read the words as they appeared, but Kiang Li Zhao would not be one to hear any of the words. At all. But everyone else in the Archives would. Those that would hear the words would soon realise that the events that happened in the book had already happened, and one was about to happen again. But Kiang Li would not have an idea about this.

Quote:
Li Zhao viciously punched the table as Mort tried and failed to give him reassuring words. A strong force shook and nearly shattered the table like glass as his fist met its aged material. An inhuman force. All of this power came from the source that was the mutilated puppeteer that the group has fought earlier, ultimately defeated by the Ionian.
The longing Shinobi would soon find what he looked for -a fragment of the map- which lay beneath his feet. He picked it up.
The group would soon realise that the event was indeed about to happen:

Kiang Li Zhao

I look down the table, contemplating why I have punched the table right when my friend was trying to give me reassuring words. But what was a larger mystery was how this solid aged timber nearly crushed itself beneath my fist. I look down, unknown to me where the map is. It does not come together here at all, especially knowing that this portion of the map is none other than a large rectangle piece that portrayed the library and a corridor behind it. I slide my foot, and I hear a rough, scratching noise. It is faint, but I see it right there under my tabi. A part of the map? This is a surprise, I do not recall seeing any maps when I last looked down. I connect it with the piece on the table. It connects with the library. It is not the mess hall, just as we last saw it, but rather it looks like an armoury. I look out to the door, wondering if it would be worth the risk to get to the armoury, just to be more prepared of any more encounters with these ninjas and constructs. Would it be worth the risk? I do not think so, but a part of me says otherwise.

Quote:
Options:
Come back and see if the mess hall is indeed an armoury
Go to Archives #2

Paltala

09-16-2012

((archives #2. finish up here before we go see the armoury))

AskBloodWizard

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltala View Post
((archives #2. finish up here before we go see the armoury))
(( Agreed. Armories don't have books. ))

Paltala

09-16-2012

((Wrong smurf?))