How should I deal with swain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clockworksummonr

06-08-2012

I play AP carries alot and my top two that I do the best with/love the most are Vlad and Orianna, but a Swain even with very little skill can just walk up and poo all over them. Swain's passive is pretty much infinite mana, and his ult heals him and his W has insane range and I can't even get safe pokes on him. I am not sure how to deal with Swain at all. I have heard that getting ignite/morello hurts swain but he doesn't heal unless he uses his ult and i already build MR by rushing chalice (as Ori, Vlad rushes Hextech revolver).

Any idea of how I should put a stop to Swain and not getting poo'd all over everytime?

Patyfatycake

06-08-2012

with vlad just try to trade effectively, if he misses his w just zone him. When he goes in his ult try drag him from minions or just back out. If you do that constantly he will run out of mana. Also try getting your jungle to steal blue. Not sure about oriana as i dont play her.

Clockworksummonr

06-08-2012

Thanks, That actually helps a bit but doesn't his Q and E have just as much range as Vlad's Q and the DoT pretty much forcing Vlad to lose a trade?

Patyfatycake

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
Thanks, That actually helps a bit but doesn't his Q and E have just as much range as Vlad's Q and the DoT pretty much forcing Vlad to lose a trade?
Im not sure about everything after his buff although he takes alot of mana to use that and vlad just can Q it up(Revolver/wota when you get it) and heal. Also you can stack up your e prior to do more damage.

Clockworksummonr

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyfatycake View Post
Im not sure about everything after his buff although he takes alot of mana to use that and vlad just can Q it up(Revolver/wota when you get it) and heal. Also you can stack up your e prior to do more damage.
Sounds like I should actually finish building WotA Then build rabadon rather than just hang around with hextech until rabadon's is built like I always do.

ViashinoWizard

06-08-2012

Always start boots first and don't stand still. When he whiffs Nevermove, that's your chance to harass him from outside his range with Ori. Vlad's not so lucky since Swain actually outranges him.

You can try pushing the lane to his tower and forcing him to last-hit under it. Be sure you have your river warded, though.

Don't try to trade with him while Torment is on you, and don't let him walk up to you. Be careful about committing to a kill on him once he hits 6. His ult makes him a lot harder to kill than his HP might suggest.

Clockworksummonr

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Always start boots first and don't stand still. When he whiffs Nevermove, that's your chance to harass him from outside his range with Ori. Vlad's not so lucky since Swain actually outranges him.

You can try pushing the lane to his tower and forcing him to last-hit under it. Be sure you have your river warded, though.

Don't try to trade with him while Torment is on you, and don't let him walk up to you. Be careful about committing to a kill on him once he hits 6. His ult makes him a lot harder to kill than his HP might suggest.
Thanks for the tips, I already build boots so that isn't an issue. I just tended to harrass at unsafe moments I guess...

ViashinoWizard

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
Thanks for the tips, I already build boots so that isn't an issue. I just tended to harrass at unsafe moments I guess...
Be extra attentive when you go to last-hit a minion, because that's when a good Swain will be looking to land Nevermove.

Ghost00216

06-08-2012

swain has problem with dealing with pushes, ward up river, and push him to the tower. no last hit no gold.
Alot of people run away from swain, and a good swain will throw a nevermore behind you and force you into it. if you turn on him you eat an E Q combo, if nevermore hits you get to stand there for the lazor bird.
run to the side instead, and change it up, don't have a pattern.