Feast Your Eyes on the Noxus Noms Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapZero

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
Creativity was one of three major categories that we judged entries under. However, creativity does not only apply to the ingredients used--rather it especially shines in the subject matter!

For example, we received entries made of *all* sorts of materials that were a simple Teemo, either standing or sitting. While some of the ingredients were used creatively, ultimately Teemo was doing nothing other than standing or sitting there and smiling.

You'll find that many of the grand prize entries had creative narratives which were told through the actions of the characters depicted. Did you notice that Kitana Muse's Baron entry shows Baron being controlled by Lulu to turn the entire enemy team into cupcakes? The Mundo cupcake in front is especially unfortunate with his tiny briefcase but no arms!
If you don't judge creativity by ingredients I don't understand how only straight food sculptures won. Unless nobody submitted anything otherwise.

Avrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

None of the pictures load for me D:

Tachoman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Hey Pudding! I have some trouble clicking through to the big version of the images. Any reason you can think of?

barigrl

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhosajj View Post
...Like I said though I mean no disrespect - I knew the winners would be cake-y due to the ability to mold. But I'm trying to clarify why some people may feel cheated. And this isn't a lash to MsPudding.

Seriously though, congrats to the winners because those are some awesome sculptures (I wonder how they taste...).

P.S. - The judging was most certainly not on the creativity of the materials due to the mono-substantial usage of sugar molds.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know how hard it is judge something like this. But Riot needs to think outside the box more next time... sad

i.e. more categories/ separate contests, more and clearer rules. And some people would just be happy with IP boosts, it doesn't have to involve crazy prizes for hundreds of people -ya know what I mean?

You have a community of very creative, odd, and wonderful people, who like to have fun, and will spend ridiculous hours not only playing your game but participating in contests and the community. Make it fun and a positive experience!

out of curiosity, how many entries did you get in total? (did I miss it somewhere?)

doom13th

06-08-2012

This is exactly wat i cant do. Amazing food art with lol.

Anasthera

06-08-2012

fix the links

xXWickedKarmaXx

06-08-2012

This is what I submitted. I know I know, its cake. But the fondant is home-made as well as the rice krispy treats and cake. They were all delicious too.

Gentleman Cho'gath just feasted on the cake and Nurse Akali is bringing him much needed mana and health potions.

Brutaldeth

06-08-2012

Can't click on the pictures, they wont load. Please fix this, i want to look at the cool art

J2E Starnips

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrick View Post
None of the pictures load for me D:
Same.

Brutaldeth

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
Creativity was one of three major categories that we judged entries under. However, creativity does not only apply to the ingredients used--rather it especially shines in the subject matter!

For example, we received entries made of *all* sorts of materials that were a simple Teemo, either standing or sitting. While some of the ingredients were used creatively, ultimately Teemo was doing nothing other than standing or sitting there and smiling.

You'll find that many of the grand prize entries had creative narratives which were told through the actions of the characters depicted. Did you notice that Kitana Muse's Baron entry shows Baron being controlled by Lulu to turn the entire enemy team into cupcakes? The Mundo cupcake in front is especially unfortunate with his tiny briefcase but no arms!
Please fix the broken links, me as well as anyone else can even click the pictures