Feast Your Eyes on the Noxus Noms Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crownface

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
The majority of *actual entries* that we received were in the form of a cake. We did our best to judge these as fairly as possible, and we've highlighted the amazing non-fondant, non-cake entries in the winners already!

If you look at the current pool of 32 winners in their entirety, the saturation of non-fondant entries that won is quite high compared to the number of cake entries we received. Pushing for us to make that saturation unfairly higher would seriously discredit the amazing work our contest participants put in!
Isn't one of the judging criteria "creativity" though?

Doesn't it show an apparent lack of creativity when you see a trend among most of the entries? Shouldn't that award bonus points to people who put a lot more work into the concept of their creation rather than making a pretty sculpture?

I'm not saying these people didn't put a lot of work into their dishes, I love to cook and I know a lot of pastry chefs that put a great deal of work into everything they do; it's tedious and a lot can go wrong, but it's kind of disheartening to see the same thing plastered across the grand winner list two years in a row.

Kageoni4

06-08-2012

Aww, the old sketchy shopkeeper and new shopkeeper finally selected a new heir

MashiroSunao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Wtf, cant enlarge

Unade

06-08-2012

I'm done. Next year im making a cupcake and a 2-meters clay sculpture on top.

MizoAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unade View Post
I'm done. Next year im making a cupcake and a 2-meters clay sculpture on top.
I like your carrot though...

And crownface has a point +1

RapZero

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
The majority of *actual entries* that we received were in the form of a cake. We did our best to judge these as fairly as possible, and we've highlighted the amazing non-fondant, non-cake entries in the winners already!

If you look at the current pool of 32 winners in their entirety, the saturation of non-fondant entries that won is quite high compared to the number of cake entries we received. Pushing for us to make that saturation unfairly higher would seriously discredit the amazing work our contest participants put in!
Everything was a food sculpture

Gharrido

06-08-2012

marzipan, marzipan, marzipan and more marzipan... that sucks. Some entries were better those marzipan entries.

TheDisTuRb3D

06-08-2012

OH my God, those Barons are ridiculously terrificly beast

Gharrido

06-08-2012

PD: HURRA FOR MY EDIBLE TEEMO!!!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg35/...pg&res=landing

Gharrido