Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Feast Your Eyes on the Noxus Noms Contest Winners!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhok

06-09-2012

Congrats to the winners.Very, very nice creations.
I'm sure the judges at Riot gained a few pounds from...ehh "judging" all the contestants.

Vibe Cross

Recruiter

06-09-2012

WTF is that runner-up pile of bacon?
Is that a ranmus?

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

As promised, Fizz has something to say before his arms, feet, and ear-things fall off again...

Good luck again to the 20 summoner's choice submissions as well!

Grisly Astyanax

06-09-2012

Quote:
Vibe Cross:
Is that a ranmus?

I was thinking Mordekaiser's "Siphon of Destruction"... maybe.

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

Quote:
Vibe Cross:
Is that a ranmus?

Tis the gentlemanly Baron having tea like a sir.

SexySilverSlicer

06-09-2012

I think that fondant should be banned from future contests. It makes it too easy to look good with little struggle, as opposed to promoting creativity with all sorts of food. Just look at the first post and how many of those involve fondant.

Fumi

06-09-2012

Don't get me wrong. They're really well made, but I wouldn't eat that.
It looks like a statue, not a food :s

Dandiest Cat

06-09-2012

Quote:
SexySilverSlicer:
I think that fondant should be banned from future contests. It makes it too easy to look good with little struggle, as opposed to promoting creativity with all sorts of food. Just look at the first post and how many of those involve fondant.

Oh no, fondant is not that easy to work with. I wouldn't say it's REALLY hard, but you definitely need skill, and a lot of attention to detail to make it look that amazing. I do agree it is kind of unfair when put against other submissions that focused on using other foods, but it is what it is I guess. And just like you said, the majority of the winners are fondant/cake. I think they should have at least gone 5 and 5, seems kind of unfair to me. But that's just me I guess.

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but making fondant, modelling chocolate, etc. look as good as some of the winners/runners up did isn't easy at all. The detail work in submissions by summoners like Depraving, High Priest Temy, and NL Lazlos is way up there. They didn't just take some fondant and make it into nice, polished shapes. They actually highlighted it to make it look pretty darn sweet. I'd love to know how to get water too look like that and still be edible.

That said, I can definitely see the point of a lot of people here feeling like this was too much of a cake decorating contest, but that's all the more reason to start brainstorming for the next LoL cooking contest. Riot will here you and they do pay attention to you when you use non-fondant foods. I saw some really cool uses of bread and beans as rocks/stones, a sweet Rammus watermelon carving, etc. What about sugar art and candies as well hmm? What about working with ice, blood-colored corn syrup, etc.? Fondant helps your submission look spiffy, but incorporating some of these other things I mentioned effectively can easily put you over the top.

Here's my thought though, try and make your submission tell a story. For me, I wanted to try and depict a team of champions being devastated by Fizz's shark while Fizz showed how clever he was to use his trident to help him safely get at some cupcakes. I had every intention of throwing in one of those coconut bowl drinks among other things and just ran out of time, but my main goal was to simply avoid plopping down a cupcake and calling it a day. For that matter, my submission last contest was pretty much total **** and I still got mentioned because the idea was decent enough to overcome my obvious lack of decorating talent. Again though, by whatever means possible, focus on the idea and telling a story with your art.

(Go back and take a look at how many of the Demacian Delicacies winners were something other than fondant... also take note and how many entries this year stepped it up big time over what people delivered back then. Stories are being told... it's not just 1 or 2 champions or items decorated well. It's a complete scene. It'll only get harder to win next time. I still think it will be possible to win on a budget, but especially with the prizes they offered this time, it will have to be top notch.)

S0T0

Recruiter

06-09-2012

Quote:
MsPudding:
They're getting married! He's passing her a Teemo mushroom as a symbol of their union! BARON IS PERFORMING THE CEREMONY OMG.

Also, for those of you that are having issues viewing the photos through the thumbnail view, check out the full gallery!
http://competitive.na.admin.leagueoflegends.com/media/gallery/noxus-noms-food-creation-contest

You seem new to computers. XD