Feast Your Eyes on the Noxus Noms Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssalOne22

06-08-2012

Wow the Baron wedding was a really good idea! Sure it's not really edible but the amount of talent that went into making that is huge. There is so much attention to detail!

Also why are so many people upset that fondant and marzipan was used? If you notice the only ones that won were the ones with ridiculous attention to detail.

The Kog maw made of fruit though is awesome! That one has my vote!

Riveena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

They're all wonderful, beautifully made. But wasn't one of the criteria that they had to have an in-game nom? I'm confused. D: I'm pretty bummed about not getting very far, but I know my creation isn't nearly as creative as some others, though it was pretty delicious. I'm more bummed that the masterpieces don't look like they'd be tasty. They look like something I would make in clay instead. I applaud the efforts though. I'm not going to enter into contests again, because the rules weren't clear enough I guess. I really was under the impression that it had to have an in-game edible eats to win, and be edible, too. Happy Contesting again in the future.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...xNomPhoto1.png

I can see why I didn't win, but, this was my best effort. The Caitlyn cupcakes were especially delicious. x3

Reindeer

06-08-2012

grats to winners, this was ours.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...048518182.jpg/

TearStealer

06-08-2012

Quick question. You didn't get disqualified for not having a game related "edible treat" (i.e. the yordle snap trap), did you?

StarBubbles

06-08-2012

Lol, cupcakes everywhere. I especially like the Blind Lee Sin cupcake.

TearStealer

06-08-2012

Oh yea. Silly me.
This was my entry. I practically went into a sugar induced coma trying to make it lol.
Like many others it's made of fondant. Which, was way more difficult than I thought it would be to use. Kudos to those of you who used an alternative route. ie fruit and whatnot. They were so cool! XD

QweDwImNoobLol

06-08-2012

Wowowow! Those looks amazing! And Yummy!

Hemp Plants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

what the hell is next to heimedinger?

TearStealer

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by barigrl View Post
Yeah I have to say I second the fondant thing...

First, those of you that have that artistic ability to sculpt, that's awesome. Those winners looked, for the most part, really pretty.

But have you ever tried eating that stuff??... It really tastes terrible. Like glue -paste. I mean, if there was substantial cake to eat under it all, I could understand, but pure sculpted fondant? Sorry, that's not an edible work of art.

Congratulations to the winners!

If you want a food contest, make it a recipe, eaten, tasted, tried and true contest. 50% taste, 50% looks.

If you want a sculpting contest, then call it that, judge it on pure appearance.

You kind of just kicked a lot of us in the mouth... eww I can taste fondant now, blah!

Really congrats to those few that actually had an awesomely creative, awesome tasting, and cool looking product. Go veggie Kagmaw!!!
Well, I can't speak for the winners but, For the most part mine was mostly cake and rice crispies. I made everything from scratch and literally carved my larger figures out of the crispies. Also, marshmallow fondant...tastes like marshmallows, and are pretty tasty in moderation.
But yeah, It seems unfair for the some, because other people only used the store bought chemically enhanced and colored fondant, that look great but tastes gross.

Opreich

06-08-2012

Yeah, knew it was going to be fondant fest.