Sheen and TF rush worthy on dravus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

06-08-2012

Assuming you can reliably catch the axes, despite their glitchy pathing, does anyone know if its better to rush sheen then TF over strait AD and crit?

I ask because if every time you catch an axe it resets the W cooldown, then it could have a reliable up time, and sheen procs plus the bonus damage from Axe and the axe procing passive creates a lot of bonus damage.

Redenbacher

06-08-2012

Well if the wiki is correct, spinning blades adds up to 85% of your TOTAL attack damage. Sheen/TF adds 100/150% of your base attack damage, respectively.

I haven't gone and laid out a spreadsheet, but at a certain point, raw AD will win out because it is total + bonus. I imagine once you double your base attack damage, you'll be glad you didn't spend 4k on TF.

That being said, whats on paper and what actually works in game are two very different things. Give it a try and post your results

DiscworldDeath

06-08-2012

No. You also don't need much mana.

Also, the pathing is not glitchy, it's intended...

Frankes

06-08-2012

No. you also don`t need much mana.... im agree whit Disc....

Helixes

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
No. You also don't need much mana.

Also, the pathing is not glitchy, it's intended...
I'm at the middle of the top lane. I throw the blade, and run forward, and the blade bounces back to top tower. Yes, working as intended

I throw the blade and it lands in inaccessible terrain. Yes, working as intended.

inFe eD

06-08-2012

Yes, it's absolutely worth it. IE rush takes too long to become useful, and frankly having a bit more survivability/kiting power with trinity is better than being a glass cannon waiting to be killed.

DiscworldDeath

06-08-2012

You can also avoid rushing IE, this is not a binary choice

You can happily get Brutalizer, Phage, Sheen, Hexdrinker, etc.
If anything, I'd rush Sanguine Blade/Last Whisper, of a complete item.

TCWA Tigerbite

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
I'm at the middle of the top lane. I throw the blade, and run forward, and the blade bounces back to top tower. Yes, working as intended

I throw the blade and it lands in inaccessible terrain. Yes, working as intended.
Clearly you're timing sucks or you don't know where you're running.

Also, if you run towards the terrain, it's going to go towards the terrain. If you were close to the terrain, then ran towards the terrain, yes it will land in the terrain. That's your fault.

I've played Draven 10 times so far and the axe has gone exactly where it's supposed to. In my hand. Learn to play before complaining!

FDru

06-08-2012

His base AD is pretty low, so Triforce doesn't seem optimal.

But you know what they say... "triforce is good on everyone". It's about whether you're willing to deal with the absurd gold cost of the item.

Helixes

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Clearly you're timing sucks or you don't know where you're running.

Also, if you run towards the terrain, it's going to go towards the terrain. If you were close to the terrain, then ran towards the terrain, yes it will land in the terrain. That's your fault.

I've played Draven 10 times so far and the axe has gone exactly where it's supposed to. In my hand. Learn to play before complaining!
Or it is a new champion with a very new and unique mechanic. Is it really that hard to imagine a bug? I'll admit, it is misleading, and I made it sound like it happens all the time. It doesn't. Most my drops are from over running the drop point, but I have had it go extreamly far off from were it should have ideally been, like half a lane's distance. Maybe there was more to that particular glitch, such as the person hit getting knock backed or something that I don't recall, or didn't recognize, but seriously glitches on new stuff happens.The only mildly similar mechanic in the game to his Q is boomerang effects, but those have two definite anchors, the max distance and the champion.