Viktor Supports Bot Well

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitch Bade

06-08-2012

I know you are skeptical and/or laughing right now. You are also thinking, "Alistar and many others can do the same job but better."

I've been testing it out and getting great results. His AOE stun/slow is a m a z i n g.

1.5 second stun and 44% slow at rank 5. He can laser the enemy out of the bushes from a safe distance. Also most ranged AD carries aren't expecting to have to build MR, so VIktor's damage can cripple the bot lane early on and set up plenty of kills for your teammate.

Viktor can do most of his kit from a safe distance, but at the same time keep them away from your carry because they are afraid of getting stunned and lasered. He doesn't need the CS either.

Grab the Augment Gravity, and you will be ready to get plenty of assists and turn around almost every team fight. The range on your massive slow/stun is just too **** good with that Augment, and all you gotta do for the team is stand back, let the tank initiate, and when the enemy team stupidly goes in together you can easily stun 3-5 of them.

At that point just drop your ult, laser, and your Q and watch your team do their job until you can repeat your skills. Grab Morello's and a Kindle gem and you got cheap 40% CDR and with a Rylais, enough AP/HP to hurt them and stun them every 10 seconds

Since you are able to grab a good amount of assists and/or kills you will be able to afford the items you need to keep up mid/late game.

The down side is that he has no heal or shield for the team.

The AOE stun, however, makes up for it by preventing a ton of damage coming in from the enemy for a couple seconds. You can even run flash/heal if you want to.

Thoughts? Anything to add? Go ahead and prove me wrong or tell me why this sucks. Viktor is insane in mid lane, but in the right team (which surprisingly he works in many teams) you can let someone else rock mid, and you will rock bot at the same time. People are so used to the Meta right now that this **** works very well!

Mitch Bade

06-08-2012

2/1/10 they surrendered at 20 mins last game.

Getting better at Viktor support and it is just shutting down soraka so far.

EDIT: Keep in mind my Normal ELO is 1495.

Cenerae

06-08-2012

Sending Viktor bot isn't really 'breaking the meta' if you use him as a support. All you're doing is sending a fringe-case pick to do the job instead of a normal one. Sometimes it works well. Sometimes it doesn't.

The problem with Viktor as support is he has low utility. Sure, he can poke during laning, but other supports can do that effectively too (Lulu in particular, but also Sona and to a lesser extent Janna). His only utility is the brief silence on his ult, and his gravity field. His gravity field is unreliable, and a defensive tool most of the time. The only time it's likely to stun the enemy team is if you chain it off say, a Galio ult for perfect positioning and to stop them escaping it. This will be nice, but it's not a whole lot stronger than say, a Sona ultimate. And you can't really initiate a teamfight with the stun like other supports can do with their CC.

Outside of those two things, the only thing he brings is damage. And he needs AP in order to keep that relevant throughout the game. So you'll have to farm up some items during midgame to keep yourself useful to your team. Actual supports don't need to do that, since they bring team buffs and/or healing as well as their CC utility.

Can it work? Sure, I think Viktor is viable as a fringe pick. Meta-breaking and great? Not really. You're using a champion with low utility as a support rather than doing something different and running AP viktor with an allied stunner to rack up the easy kills and snowball.

Mitch Bade

06-08-2012

I completely agree with you man.

But, as a seasoned Vik player I can land almost every stun because I know where theyre going and how many of the champions will react to it.

Also because of runes/passive my AP is strong early game still and there are support items that give ap that are relatively cheap. The many assists give enough gold too

Cenerae

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Bade View Post
I completely agree with you man.

But, as a seasoned Vik player I can land almost every stun because I know where theyre going and how many of the champions will react to it.

Also because of runes/passive my AP is strong early game still and there are support items that give ap that are relatively cheap. The many assists give enough gold too
Anyone with a clue isn't going to try and run through Viktor's stun (unless they literally have nowhere to go, in which case they're probably toast with or without it). In effect this is good because you create a 'dead zone' but you can't claim it is reliable CC.

The only support items with AP that come to mind are Abyssal Scepter and Will of the Ancients. Neither of them are readily affordable on a support's budget if you're warding properly. You might be able to fork out enough for one of them before lategame perhaps, but then they only support your casters.

Anyway, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it - I've run oddball supports before and enjoy it (Orianna and Gangplank being my favorites). Just pointing out that if we're being realistic, he's really not that great at the job.

OriginalJack

06-08-2012

I have experienced support viktor and I was skeptical at first too but it does kinda work. Have you every tried support ziggs? I think it would work the same was this does, maybe even better.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

if ur support bot as a caster I would get 3 gold per 10 then Rylies the slow really helps

Mitch Bade

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I have experienced support viktor and I was skeptical at first too but it does kinda work. Have you every tried support ziggs? I think it would work the same was this does, maybe even better.
I've done ziggs before bot and it destroyed them. Similar play but just has different cc and his knockback satchel charge is tough to land right.

Viktor. His CC is definately reliable. It's not like it takes 2 seconds for it to setup, It's like Swain's stun but a tad bigger and it slows them a lot before the stun. I guess what I'm saying is he has utility in the form of his slow/stun, his ultimate silence, and the large amount of damage he can do + the DoT from the Ult.

I'm not saying he should build items like soul shroud, spirit visage, starks, shurelyas, because he works similar to Karma in the fact that AP/HP/CDR is the best route for him to support better.

Rylai's, Morello's or DFG, Gravity Augment, Sorc Boots is the primary build for support Vik if you want to try it.

It is fun, and I agree the game will have a different feel/outcome but it isn't a bad change it's just a different way to do things.

Any item's you suggest?