Draven Build ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makaidos

06-08-2012

So I bought Draven and I don't think the normal AD/AS crit thing is best on him. Here are some alternate builds i thought of. I think it would be best to get some mix of both, but im not sure how I would build it.

Tanky Lifesteal Draven. This is because I feel when draven builds this he is simply outclassed by other characters like graves. But if you don't build much AS you fall far behind in dps, so I think that building just some offensive items like a sanguine blade/bloodthirster and then tankier items like maw and fratmogs so that you don't spend so much on dps that you fall behind people with similar builds, but can still 1v1 and survive due to your vastly better tankyness since draven has really good damage without investing a lot in it.

CDR Draven. Another thing I think people should think about is getting CDR on him. Ya it is super nice for his ult, but with around 25% CDR you can maintain 2 Q's while walking around. Also it really lowers the consequences of missing an axe. But I am not sure what CDR items to get, I like brutalizer and stinger, but both don't build into anything particularly good on him. So what I have been getting (Mostly on Dom) is brutalizer and ionians, and then selling brutalizer if i need to. What do you guys think about getting tankier and maybe some CDR?

DrDooma

06-08-2012

I think you may be missing the entire point of an ad carry. You are sacrificing damage when you build tanky, yet if you dont get focused the ad carry will ace a team because his lack of tankiness does not matter. Therefore, if you build him as tanky and dont get focused to the end, the other teams pure damage built vayne will have killed everyone on your team before you could even kill two of theirs

DrDooma

06-08-2012

Granted you could take him top and build him tankier with different runes and let your bot have the ad carry role. If you had a tanky jungler and a tanky support with a mid who has a lot of cc(galio or something) you could send him top. The idea of tanky lifesteal is not a bad one, but he will still be too squisy in lane to take on dashers like irelia who can simply gap close and then melee him. But if you are careful and the other lane does not have a dash, udyr, garen then you could use blood rush to keep your distance and harrass them out of farming.

Crits proc his passive so not building crit chance is going to cut a little into his dps but not much if you are good at catching blades anyways. CDR draven is just stupid, you will be too squishy, you dont gain that much from it, and his abilities dont do enough damage without a ton of ad behind it to be worth while.

In the end, take him top as a counter pick if you have truly mastered this champion, the pros take ad carries top all the time, but that does not mean I am recommending it for you.