Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dragon Rising [A Master Yi Story] -rewrite-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

06-26-2012

Yi tumbled over the ridge, fell into a dark hole, and landed in a pitch-black cave. He sprung up, holding up his sword to the darkness. It was a dark and wet place he landed in, and noisy. A thousand drops of water fell to the ground with each passing second, raising up a symphony of clatters and plops that masked all other noise.

Almost all other noise.

The sound of deep, heavy breathing cut through the sound of water drops like a knife. A slow long, inhale…. And then a monstrous exhale… that lit up the cave. A gush of flame shot across the cave, and for a moment, the cave was lit up with the brightness of fire. Yi caught a glimpse of Singed, standing across from him… waiting. The flame flickered, and then extinguished, letting the darkness invade the cavern once more.

Yi circled the spot where Singed was… slowly… carefully.

Another flame shot across the room, bisecting the cave, and Yi could see the source now. The dragon of the Summoner’s Rift slumbered in the center of its lair, letting loose a gush of flame with every breath. Singed stood across the other side of the flame… waiting. The two basked in the searing heat of the wall between them. Steam rose from vaporized water on the ground, birthing a haze to further separate the two. Singed looked as if he were made of melting wax, as he swayed and flowed through the film of steam between them.

“What’s wrong, Singed of Zaun?” Yi called out, “Let loose your poison gas already! You’d kill me in seconds, right?”
The chemist said nothing. He knew if he let loose the poison gas now, he would earn the dragon’s wrath, and his own death.

“Why don’t you do that ridiculous jump attack of yours, Yi?” Singed muttered lowly. “I mean that attack that sprouts green daises all about it? I’m sure the dragon shall love it.”

“Won’t have to. Shen and Ahri will be coming for the two of us, and I’m sure they’ll give you a warm welcome.”
“It doesn’t matter how many weaklings you send after us, Yi.” Singed hissed as he slipped into the shadow, leaving a last parting jab, “You won’t win this fight.” Yi could hear Singed leave the cavern, and melt into the night.

Yi thought at first that Singed was just being cocky. But then he heard the first scream.

Katarina strutted down the hallway to the anteroom, where the Gatekeeper stood guard. The huge metal man took no notice of the assassin as she strode up to him.
“Oh Gatekeeper, strong Gatekeeper…” She batted her eyelashes at the implacable guardsman. “let me and my friends through, pretty please?”

The Gatekeeper made no response, but to continue staring off into the distance. Katarina made an exaggerated slump, and buried her face in her hands, as she turned away from the Gatekeeper, weeping. “Oh, Mr. Gatekeeper…” She flipped out her daggers, and a voracious smile spread across her face. “You just made my day.”
As she drew her weapons, Darius fell from the ceiling, his axe high above his head, and brought it down on the Gatekeeper’s helm.

“RAAGH!” Darius dealt a monstrous blow, causing the room to erupt in smoke and dust. The Hand of Noxus gave a small grin.

A metal arm, with Darius’s Axe lodged in only a few inches in it, burst from the smoke, and grabbed Darius. The man screamed, as he was smashed against the stone wall of the Anteroom. Darius was smashed into the wall, making a hole roughly his in shape. The Gatekeeper brought his other arm back, and swung hard at the Hand. Darius managed one strangled scream before he was squashed into the architecture.

Katarina yelled, and threw her blade, bouncing it over and over against the wall and the Gatekeeper, wrecking dents wherever the blade ricocheted. The Gatekeeper tried a punch at the assassin, and would have killed her, if she didn’t Shunpo behind the huge man. The Gatekeeper instead killed a puff of purple smoke, and patch of rock floor ten feet in diameter.

Katarina spun in a whirlwind of knives, flinging dozen of daggers at her foe, and managed to get many stuck in the Gatekkeper’s armor before he just kicked her, and sent her flying across the room. An enormous axe flew across the room, and lodged itself in the Gatekeeper’s helm, tilting the huge man’s head a bit to the side.

“What a throw, huh?” Draven spun another axe in his hands, and threw them at the Gatekeeper, forcing the metal man back a bit.
“Hey!” Draven called, spreading his arms wide, and posing “Fatso! Don’t die too quickly, ‘cuz we gotta a show to put on--!”

The Gatekeeper reached onto his own arm, and wrenched out Darius’ axe from his forearm guard, and threw it at Draven. The executioner gulped, then ducked, narrowly avoiding the headless fate that Darius’ axe had dealt to countless other victims. The Glorious Executioner scampered away, trying to flee the huge man that had suddenly charged him.
Draven tripped, which let the Gatekeeper catch up to him, and then swat the man away like a fly.

The Gatekeeper then turned to Katarina, who was still recovering from her first blow. She feebly raised a hand, as the man raised a metal palm to deal the finishing blow.

CAW!
A crow pierced the man’s helm, and the Gatekeeper fell to a knee. Another raked his back, and the Gatekeeper wordlessly fell to all fours. Without warning, a flock of ravens overtook the Gatekeeper, slowly eating him alive. A final crow pierced the man’s heart from behind, and the man hit the floor, causing tremors along the surface. He was dead.

“You idiots.” Swain muttered, as he morphed into his human form. His crow, Beatrice, flapped back onto her master’s shoulder. “Do I have to do everything by myself?”
“Idiots. Caw.” Beatrice parroted. Swain’s cane and his peg leg clattered along the stone surface of the room, which was slick with blood. The Master Tactician stopped at the wall, and then looked up. He gazed upon his late loyal servant, Darius, who now bore more of a resemblance to a hamburger than anything else. “Well… at least no one will be able to identify the body.”

Swain turned and tapped his cane on the Gatekeeper’s lifeless hand.
“Miss Katarina.” Katarina slowly got up, nodded, limped over to Swain, and then drew her swords. With several hacks she managed cut off the Gatekeeper’s fingers.

“Sir… why is Singed so important?” Katarina gave a glance up at what was left of Darius’ body. “Is he really more important to Noxus... than us?”

Swain chuckled, as he picked up one of the Gatekeeper’s fingers, examining it. Draven was wrestling with fitting a thumb into the lock. The single digit was thicker than Swain’s waist.

“Well, Singed is developing a new weapon for us… an extremely powerful one.”
“What’s the use of a weapon,” spat Katarina, as she clutched her side “If we can’t even use it. The League would sanction us relentlessly. Hell, even this is risking the Noxus to the wrath of the League.”

“Put it this way,” Swain mentioned offhand, as he fitted the Gatekeeper’s fingers into the lock in the iron door, “If we have this weapon…then we don’t even need the League, or anyone else."

Swain gently pushed open the door, and it swung open silently.
"So let’s go make sure Singed wins this one.”
The Master Tactician walked silently into the Anteroom. It was deserted, of course. There were no champion to prepare themselves, and all of the Summoners were in the Summoner’s Platform in the room beyond.

Swain stepped into the Summoner’s Platform. On it, five Summoners stood in a circle, manipulating glass orbs between both hands, casting summoner spells, and informing their champions of the map, and the combined vision of all towers, champions, and minions. Summoners were essential to the victory of any team in the League.

Too bad, Swain thought, as he raised a hand. His signal. Katarina flung a dagger across the room, and spun once, before it impacted with a sickening thud between the eyes of a stocky summoner that was supporting Ashe. The man never knew what hit him. The summoner dropped to his knees, and then fell over, dead.
Aki, who was across the slain man, saw it first, and screamed.

“Aki?” Yi called, “What’s going on?” Suddenly, the natural vision of the entire map and his allies faded from his mind. Did the girl drop her orb? Or something worse? Yi turned, and raced to find his allies. They had to stick together.

“Raah!”

Aki Ignited Katarina, bathing the Sinister Blade in sparks and puffs of flame. Katarina cursed, and turned away, trying to pat away the flames that licked at her body. A thin summoner wrapped Draven in restricting light, Exhuasting the executioner. Draven made a show of being extremely tired.

“Oh GOD you exhausted me! Whatever shall I do?” Draven spun in a circle, holding the back of his hand against his head, as if he were going to faint. An arm flung out, and the Summoner twitched as he was impaled on Draven’s axe.
“Oh… that.”

One summoner made a run for the door, but Katarina caught the girl in the calf with a dagger. The girl fell flat of her face, and tried to scamper away, whimpering from pain and fear. The girl reached out to the door, as if she could touch it, everything would be alright. Katarina took a single step, and stepped on the girl’s fingers.

The summoner wept in despair. Katarina put her out of her misery.
She looked up from her kill. It looked like almost all the targets were dead. Only Aki was still alive, slumped against a wall, cradling a wound she sustained from being caught by one of Draven’s axes. The girl looked downwards, not facing her soon to be killers.

Swain loomed over the doomed girl, and pointed his cane at her neck.
“You have any brave last words, sweetheart?”
“Words! Words!” Beatrice cawed, flapping her wings.
Aki looked up at the man, and raised her hand, dripping with blood from her wounds. She clenched it into a fist.

A golden hand spilled from her hand, and it reached out to Swain. The Master Tactician smiled at the fruitless effort; Smite could not harm Champions. It drifted over his heart for a second… before Aki smirked in return, and then lifted her hand. In a last act of defiance… she Smited Swain’s crow. The golden hand wrapped itself around Beatrice, and crushed her. The crow gave a half-CAW before exploding in a mess of blood and feathers.

Swain gazed in disbelief at the action, as remains of his most beloved pet soaked into his shoulder. Katarina let out a loud, clear laugh at the insolence. Aki laughed silently, painfully, below them. Even Draven nervously chuckled.

Swain turned sharply, and killed Aki.
The laughter died out.

The Tactician left the bloody scene, leaving Katarina and Draven to look at each other once, and shrug, before following their leader back into the Institute of War. While inside, Aki lay dead, eyes closed, with the ghosts of a smile still on her face.

Dolan PLS

06-26-2012

Nice back and forth battle, didn't expect that much resistance from the summoners...lol @ Beatrice.

MiaoLong

06-26-2012

Yup! you guessed it right!! And it really wasn't a back and forth. Only Aki really did any kind of damage, but to be fair, even if five ignites went of on a champion, it wouldn't kill them.

Dolan PLS

06-26-2012

Quote:
MiaoLong:
Yup! you guessed it right!! And it really wasn't a back and forth. Only Aki really did any kind of damage, but to be fair, even if five ignites went of on a champion, it wouldn't kill them.

The back and forth was in regards to the gatekeeper actually pushing back three champions until Swain came. I'm surprised that Darius was that squishy. In the lore, he seems to be more of a election partner to Swain than a servant, but it's your story anyways.

Edit in response to response below: Makes sense then!

MiaoLong

06-26-2012

Squishy? I guess in a morbid sense, we're all kind of squishy...

And just to be clear, I wasn't writing that Darius was weak, but that the Gatekeeper was that strong. For reference, he would have killed all three of his assailants if Swain hadn't stepped in, and if he wasn't ambushed by Swain, he could have given all four of them a run for their money.

Darius was unfortunate in that he got caught by the Gatekeeper, and couldn't dodge.

david12341

06-26-2012

why didnt she flash through the wall

MiaoLong

06-26-2012

Ahri had recently used her Spirit dash to escape the gank by Talon, remember?

Dracorya

06-26-2012

I find it a little hard to believe that Draven had NO reaction to his brother's death. :/ They are close.

mememan

06-26-2012

i imagined that just as champions are stronger out of the league's restrictions, summoner spells would be stronger as well... but really, not a single alarm or any other protection device? and will the league REALLY acept this battle? I mean, even if the protagonist were to loose (what contradicts the logic of storys, but whatever...) would the league really acept a battle were one of the teams were saboted? and it is obvious who did it... just by defing the league like that, Singed would already be doomed... he, swain, katarina and darius, their skills let obvious marks, as katarina didn't retrive her daggers and draven didn't recover his axes... and swain spells are easly recognited... well, anyway, i'm waiting to see how will yi put on a figth against singed's team without sumoners... and i will probably die out of laughting if he actually wins this battle. (just like i almost sufocated from laughing at 300)...

gj

mememan

06-26-2012

Quote:
Dracorya:
I find it a little hard to believe that Draven had NO reaction to his brother's death. :/ They are close.

he trowed 2 axes at the guardians head, I think that's a very plausable reaction... considering he usaly mock his targets before doing so, and he atacked without a word this time...