Lux and Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowthiefdark

03-23-2013

I think Lux and Ez would make a good couple (putting aside all of you who believe he is gay or a female). Anyone else think so? Or is it just me because I main him?

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Most people fawn over them because "they would make angel babies!" sort of thing. I don't really have that much of a feel for Ez to be able to say too much, but I think he's attitude tends to be a little condescending and Lux would have none-o'-that-sh*t. Friends, sure. Lane partners bot? Even more so, because you don't have to be friends to work together. A couple? I'm not entirely sure... but that's just me *shrug*

Eyowyn

03-24-2013

I personally have an irrational and venomous hatred for Ezreal. He is annoying and insufferably cocky and I can't seem to play him well. I mentally ship Lux x Kat/Riven now...especially since I'm thinking of changing the nature of my Lux x Nasus pairing from now on and in the sequel.

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

I'm trying to ignore current pairings and see this without outside details. Other than look similarities and "BABIES," I'm not quite sure of what all they have in common. High intelligence, for one, but I believe Ezreal is probably a bit smarter, and he's not exactly one to keep quite about how smart he is (which could get irritating). I feel Ez's arrogance makes him dislike authority and prefers suggestions, which Lux could use to manipulate perhaps. Lux has a love/hate relationship, as she was forced into the military but forced to like it. Given that, their dynamic would probably be strained at times. Ez has absolutely no political obligations while Lux has to dance through multiple circles, so he probably wouldn't understand her deepest plights. Ezreal, at the moment, has a strange character development where all he cares about exploring. Interesting, but it's hard to get an idea for a champ this way. Lux has obligations while Ez runs about in caves with a flashlight like a child. Both are adept at magic, but I don't have a feel for Ezreal much to be able to compare. It could be the equivalent of "Oh, Morgana and Kayle can use magic, so they could be friends!" (different ballparks) for all I know.
/endbabble
If you wrote completely OOC for the two of them and made it the typical "omg, you're cute, but I'm shy, and you're shy, and we'll awkwardly do things around each other and blush" thing, I guess you could make it happen. But I'm am more than happy to be convinced otherwise if you're wanting to take a shot at it. I like being surprised and having people change my mind :3

(damn, sorry this sounded so pessimistic XD)

xcyper33

03-24-2013

Agreed with Aerith. Besides them being similar age, and both being blonde, they really aren't that similar. Ez is way more free than Lux is, he's for adventure and exploring, Lux is more of a political figure and is heavily tide to her city state. Ez would find Lux painfully boring.

Kadajko

03-24-2013

I think Ezreal and Vi make a better couple.

AerithRayne

03-24-2013

Actually, that would be an interesting spin to read about.... (hint to someone wanting to take up the cause!)

Frost Archer

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Agreed with Aerith. Besides them being similar age, and both being blonde, they really aren't that similar. Ez is way more free than Lux is, he's for adventure and exploring, Lux is more of a political figure and is heavily tide to her city state. Ez would find Lux painfully boring.

Ever heard of the saying, opposites attract? but I do agree, that they don't seem right for each other. I kinda even think lux might be older than ez. No, I'm not discriminating by age, but I always get the feeling that ez is like 17 whilst lux is over twenty :/ then I play them in game and the feel is reversed XP

I think they would make amazing friends, even get together for a short while. But become a real item? I can't really say. Just my 2 cents though XP

Cerubois

03-24-2013

The way I see it:

According to Red post I saw a long time ago and forget who it was... Lux would indeed be looking outside of Demacia for love (hence why all Lux X Garen(ugh)/Jarvan/Xin shippers should probably give up. Quinn...? Well, maybe... :P).
This probably means she would be looking for someone completely unlike Demacia. She's not looking for a safe bet or a 'comfortable' relationship. She's looking for someone dynamic and interesting. Someone that could hold her attention.

Ezreal... is not incredibly interesting, in my humble opinion. He lives to explore, which is pretty cool, but that seems to be all he lives for. He's intelligent, but he uses his intelligence pretty one-mindedly. It's simply a background benefit to him, whereas Lux actively trains her mind and uses it to fulfill her wide variety of goals.

Side note: According to the present timeline, Lux is about 25-27 years old. Is Ezreal that old? Hmm...

All in all, I don't think it would work if they were strictly in-character, but there's one case where I wouldn't mind it all that much. And that would be that Ez actually has a personality, and invites Lux to explore with him. In the meantime, it's kind of a self-discovery story for Lux, as she explores not just the world, but what she's looking for in it. (patent pending)

Anyway. I like Ez + Cait better. And, of course, Lux + Riven. More dynamic.

Frost Archer

03-24-2013

D: their ages are canonized?