Cassiopeia Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapriciousXII

06-08-2012

So i just ended a ranked losing streak playing Ahri and I'm not saying I'm bad or anything but I was completely overwhelmed in lane vs Cass.

I matched her evenly, and I mean it was a dead heat in cs, but holy **** if she got 1 q on me I'd just drop hp fast. Our jungler helped out quite a bit to give me the kill advantage but cass kept on lingering around even with my lead.

Is Ahri somewhat of a counter, or do you think I was just off my game, or are they an even match that should just focus on farming? Because when she died I died and vice versa. It was a fun lane but I feel like some engages should've come out with me on top.

For future games who do you recommend? Morg? Fizz? Kennen? Vlad? Galio? Ryze? Any odd counters that throw off the meta? I don't really know how to play Kassadin.

Do you want to try and survive her and out CS or do you want to attempt to kill her? Either of those options seem pretty hard to do against a Cass that knows what shes doing.

thoughts?

TL;DR how do you best deal with casseiopia

Mitch Bade

06-08-2012

I mained cass for probably around 200 or so games in the past, so I can tell you what style of champion does counter her.

Champs with gap-closers, high speed dashes, and skills like that are very good against her. Ahri has the mobility as well, so I would bet that she can counter her pretty well and set up ganks with her charm ability.

I would go in for the kill right after she throws one of her poisons and MISSES you. Then use that skill that lets you dash around like 3 times (I haven't played as Ahri) or charm her. This way she still has to setup some kind of poison on you to twin fang you to death, and you could even dash behind her to dodge her Ultimate completely.

I play Cass when I want to win. I've played her so much that there isn't anything the enemy can do to shut me down. I would guess that other Cass players who have learned the ways of the snake can give any champ a hard time too, so just keep practicing against her when possible and you will become confident.

DrDooma

06-08-2012

She is going to harrass you with her poison before she tries to overwhelm you. Start boots and always dodge her poison spots. She cant chain attack you with twin fang if you are not poisoned. Most cass's use the larger aoe poison to farm, so when you see that go down you know she cant use it again for 10-15 seconds. This is when you want to contest her, watch for her to use a q, if she misses, engage and engage hard, if she hits, run, you cant out dps her at this point.

NamidaTekika

06-08-2012

Cassi is relativly susceptable to MR since she only really has one strong up front damage move, so MR will help SLASH that dot damage.

With cassi she likes to play aggressive due to her passive, but if you can back off a little to make her overextend or let her passive fade off her you can wear her out of mana.

Cassi is relativly squishy also so if you can get a charm on her, don't hesitate to blow her up at that point.

Pick up Merc Treads vs her to also weaken her ult greatly.

Her W gives good area denial, so once she has that might want to let her push tower and get a gank going.

Cassi likes to play aggressive but without blue buff early/mid she can go out of mana quickly if you can get her to spam 1-2 spells then back away for her passive buff to drop, thats her biggest weakness.

Besides that DODGE THE Q! If you can dodge the Q then all will be well.