Tweaking my Alistar build to perfection.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeltedWater

06-08-2012

I love Alistar. Love him, love him, love him! I use a different build, different order, every game. Just depends on the game, right? Yup. Definitely. But there are "those games" -- and they happen quite frequently -- when you need a lot of resist but also a lot of armor. You can't get by with a mediocre amount of resist. But, I also need my mana regen. So?

Move speed is also important. Got to run away from ganks when I'm pushing, or run ahead of someone to headbutt them backwards.

My base build would be Shurelya's Reverie, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Force of Nature, and some sort of boots (to be discussed later). Now, sometimes FoN is enough or more than enough resist. But not always. There are times when you want or need more. It also gives move speed, and that's just freakin' awesome.

But what should that last item be? Frozen Heart isn't enough mana. I find myself sometimes getting a Chalice of Harmony, but should I make the expensive leap into Athene's Unholy Grail? All that CDR would be wasted. That's terrible.

Or, should I get Lich Bane. Not as much resist, but some mana. Probably enough. And the move speed, to make Mercury's Treads a healthier choice. And you can't forget that extra damage (even more so than the AUG, as now my basic attacks are stronger too).

Or, should I get a Banshee's Veil? I find this to be a let down a lot, because my veil gets popped and I'm useless. I know that's most of its worth. I'm going to be in the fight for a while, one little veil isn't really going to help much. It does give more mana than a Lich Bane, though, and some health, which is nice. And more resist. Resist is nice. But we don't need to overdo it.

Now, I've saw quite a few guides that suggest Sheen on Alsitar. But Lich Bane? They usually upgrade it into Trinity Force, I think. Is Lich Bane trolling? It seems legit to me.

TL;DR: If I want Resist and Mana/Mana Regen; already have 40% CDR; what should I get: AUG, Lich Bane, or BV? And why?

DrDooma

06-08-2012

Ali's ult gives a sizeable chunk of ad, which is why people build him trinity. If you did not build any other ap besides the lich bane (which from your suggested build of Shurelya's Reverie, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Force of Nature, and boots i did not see any) then trinity will hit much harder.

Personally i think that a force of nature is not really needed. On ali you want extra health as you already have a percentage based damage reduction from your ult, and a heal to keep you alive making those early investments into regrowths pretty pointless. Get an abysmal if you really need ap as the mr reduction is nice for your team and you will hit a bit harder. Or if you want to become a god tank/ initiator, banshees is better dollar for dollar on ali than fon. (sheild mr mana, AND the ever important health).

MeltedWater

06-08-2012

With the heal and so much health regen, I think it seems much more viable to build armor and resist than health. The only thing that can cut through ~200 armor/resist is true damage.

I see the point in getting a Trinity Force, but I'm not doing it for the damage, I'm trying to look for something to give mana regen I guess. Maybe I'll just stick with a Chalice of Harmony and, if I get *extremely* fed late-game, eventually an Athene's Unholy Grail, simply because it's the natural upgrade. I'll just nevermind the 20% CDR waste (or 15% if I don't get Randuin's, as I often don't).