What do you do when you get a team like this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CawnMan

06-08-2012

So basically when I first hit 30 I went straight into ranked which was a terrible idea not knowing I didn't have enough experience. I went down to about 850 elo and then starting to play normals. I eventually got better and went back to ranked climbing to 1200 in 2 days. I try to play snowball lanes like top and mid whenever I can, but occasionally forced to play other lane roles.

I try my best to be the strongest team player I can be, I time allied buffs/enemy buffs when I can, dragon and baron. I always invest in wards to help other lanes when they don't ward. I usually try to make the calls but there are always people who are stubborn and like to do things like invade their jungle when opposing team has Baron even when I tell them not to, and then they die.

90% of the time I find I win my lane and I'll usually play global hero's like TF/nocturne etc so I try to apply pressure to all lanes when mine is pushed.

I'm just finding that even with all of that 50% of the games I get are stubborn players who don't listen/build pointless items and bash other team mates even if they aren't doing good.

Example of what I mean below.

So I'm just curious as to what more can I do?

EDIT: below picture is really small, so here is a bigger version http://i.imgur.com/rZYu8.jpg

ZiadAhmed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-08-2012

I have the same problem (i am not a ****** who thinks he is the best) but most of the time i get a noob team which make stupid things like a fiddle building ad o_O and a vayne building ap which makes me rage they are trolling... so the fix for the problem is try to find some good players who knows to to cooperate with the team and be friends then make a good full team

midillusion

06-08-2012

Everyone gets matches that are uncarriable, and whining about them is pointless. Just do the best you can and move on. However, every game you can learn something, whether it's fixing a mistakes of your own or improving your knowledge of the game with regards to a champion. Watch replays of your matches, and when you do, don't worry about what the rest of your team is doing, just focus on your own mistakes (I guarantee they are there). Once you identify your mistakes, work on fixing them.

What I will say though is you need to get more runepages. You say you play top and mid, well 90% of the playerbase does, and most of those can only play 1 of those roles and nothing else. In ranked, you need to be flexible. You need to be able to pick up a role at a moments notice, and to do that, you need a runepage and masteries set up for each role.

Just because you get rubbish teammates, or if it's a 4v5, doesn't mean you cannot learn from a match and improve. Improve and you'll increase your ELO. It's that simple.

CawnMan

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midillusion View Post
Everyone gets matches that are uncarriable, and whining about them is pointless. Just do the best you can and move on. However, every game you can learn something, whether it's fixing a mistakes of your own or improving your knowledge of the game with regards to a champion. Watch replays of your matches, and when you do, don't worry about what the rest of your team is doing, just focus on your own mistakes (I guarantee they are there). Once you identify your mistakes, work on fixing them.

What I will say though is you need to get more runepages. You say you play top and mid, well 90% of the playerbase does, and most of those can only play 1 of those roles and nothing else. In ranked, you need to be flexible. You need to be able to pick up a role at a moments notice, and to do that, you need a runepage and masteries set up for each role.

Just because you get rubbish teammates, or if it's a 4v5, doesn't mean you cannot learn from a match and improve. Improve and you'll increase your ELO. It's that simple.
As I said I try to play mid/top when I can, I play every other role when I need to.

Etherimp

06-08-2012

The best thing you can do is be patient and cooperative and ignore any flaming/raging you see.. Make an attempt to get your team to cooperate. I have played 6 ranked games on the US client so far.. (Played many others on the EU client, as I have a much older/more experienced account.)

The first game I played in ranked on US, was with a team that went full ******. Basically, everyone picked a tanky-dps, and I told them I am not a very good mid.. But I got stuck going mid anyway. Bot lane was something silly like Cho'gath and Nocturne, with a Garen on top lane and a WW in the jungle. Basically, team failed hard and we lost hard.

The rest of my games have gone well, except one where the #4 pick stated that he would like to support, and could play Taric or Soraka... Then #5 person said he'd like to play Kogmaw.. I was #1 pick and I chose Jungle Cho'gath. The #2 person then picks Talon, and #3 person picks Karma.. They call bot lane.. #4 pick comes around, and picks Taric.. See the problem? #5 pick comes around, and picks Kogmaw. So now we have 2 bot lanes.

Game starts out and Taric begins raging at Karma and Talon, and Talon and Karma start raging back. Taric goes botlane with them. I convince Kogmaw to go mid. I go get my blue buff and go to top lane because otherwise there's no-one there defending it.. It's me vs Volibear and Wukong on top lane.

I do EXTREMELY well Top lane, 2v1.. And Mid does extremely well. Bot lane feeds all game and ends up getting outleveled/outfarmed vs Graves.. Taric finally gets convinced to come hold top lane for me so I can go ganking, and I pull off some successful ganks on bot and mid.

Around the middle of the game, everyone begins to relax and they start cooperating and working together and we make some very solid pushes, but due to our team comp we lose teamfights pretty hard.

Basically, if my team had just calmed down and worked together from the beginning, we could have won the game.. Instead they raged at each other and wasted time and energy and allowed the enemy team to get an early game advantage, even though we won top/mid lane, their bot lane got fed enough to carry them into late game. Kogmaw did well for us late game, but by that point it was too late.

Anyway, my point in telling this story is: Work with what you've got and try your best to keep your entire team positive and cooperative.

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Out of 10 games:
4 You cannot win no matter what you do
4 You can win if you don't do horribly or flame
2 You can win only if you carry hard enough

Learn to accept that and your blood pressure will thank you.

midillusion

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CawnMan View Post
As I said I try to play mid/top when I can, I play every other role when I need to.
I'm curious how you expect to play Support properly without any gp10 runes, or Jungle Naut without Movement speed quints, or Mundo without attack speed marks.

You are asking what else you can do to win games, well some games are won and lost in champion select, either by picking the right champion or using the right runes and masteries.

Dweia

06-08-2012

[QUOTE=Etherimp;25088058]The rest of my games have gone well, except one where the #4 pick stated that he would like to support, and could play Taric or Soraka... Then #5 person said he'd like to play Kogmaw.. I was #1 pick and I chose Jungle Cho'gath. The #2 person then picks Talon, and #3 person picks Karma.. They call bot lane.. #4 pick comes around, and picks Taric.. See the problem? #5 pick comes around, and picks Kogmaw. So now we have 2 bot lanes./QUOTE]

Karma/Kog bot, Talon mid, Taric top? Probably what I would have gone, depending on the other team, since Karma insists on being bot.

OriginalJack

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweia View Post
Karma/Kog bot, Talon mid, Taric top? Probably what I would have gone, depending on the other team, since Karma insists on being bot.
Yeah you have some options with that team comp the issue was more that they didn't seem to want to work together.

I won a game the other day with Cho top, Varus mid, Fiora jungle and Draven/Taric bot. There was a lot of rage at champ select because draven and varus both instalocked. Luckily the enemy team was terribad and ended up feeding both varus and draven.

Etherimp

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
The rest of my games have gone well, except one where the #4 pick stated that he would like to support, and could play Taric or Soraka... Then #5 person said he'd like to play Kogmaw.. I was #1 pick and I chose Jungle Cho'gath. The #2 person then picks Talon, and #3 person picks Karma.. They call bot lane.. #4 pick comes around, and picks Taric.. See the problem? #5 pick comes around, and picks Kogmaw. So now we have 2 bot lanes.
Yeah.. I tried to convince Talon to go Mid, Karma to go top.. but they insisted on going bot.. So Kogmaw went mid, and Taric raged.

If he hadn't raged, or if karma and talon had cooperated more, we would have easily won. :\