FPS Lag-spikes..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ÑØØß

06-07-2012

Need some help with this issue, I have been reading a lot of other people posting about FPS dropping issues although some other's drops are either always there or last only a few seconds..
Hard to play with this, hopefully there is a fix out there

Here's what I've been noticing about my issue:

FPS drops down to 5~10 (minimum~high settings) and lasts for about 2 minutes

It reverts to normal by itself, on and off throughout the game..

It does happen more frequently at high settings than minimum

Normally my FPS is 45~60+ depending on settings (minimum~high settings)

Eventful teamfights and such seem to trigger the spikes more often, although it does happen when there is absolutely nothing happening on my screen or on the map

Everything ran fine for me right after Darius update, I was able to play on almost max settings while maintaining 50~FPS..

Problem started for me on June 2nd when I got on after a small update prior to double IP weekend

I've tried suggestions from the other thread such as disabling the throttling on my PC/Nvidia panel, ****-cleaning my PC, updating GFX card, re-installling LoL, played around with in-game video settings

I don't experience FPS issues with anything else atm (other games like Skyrim, etc)

Might be repetitive but here is my post from other thread of similar topic which seems to be dead now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
After Darius patch my FPS was actually higher - allowing me to upgrade my settings to Very High/High retaining the same FPS I had with the old graphics (40-50)

However after the mini-update right before double IP weekend, I've been getting constant FPS drops in games, regardless of settings. It drops from 50-60 to ~5 for about 2 minutes, and it happens every 5 minutes or so

Attached the logs for what I think was the first game where I had this problem

tried the suggestions, none seemed to fix

InfinityJudge

06-08-2012

bump riot the game is currently unplayable

InfinityJudge

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Problem started for me on June 2nd when I got on after a small update prior to double IP weekend
same

ÑØØß

06-20-2012

Bought a new/better GFX card.. now its either 60+ FPS all game, or 5~10 FPS all game occasionally...what is going on

Connivance

06-20-2012

FPS = 200+ Prepatch
FPS = 35 - 120 Post Patch

Drops from 120 to 10-35 in teamfights.
No teamfight 90-120

GFX Temp = 31C

GG don't you think?

Im getting 150+ FPS in BF3. Why! Why not LoL?

bankiakakarot

06-21-2012

Having the exact same problem. Attempted to change settings to get a boost in FPS by disabling shadows fully and everything to low i can get about 20FPS but nothing like my 120 before patch. Riot FIX please!

ÑØØß

06-25-2012

Started comp -> first game test = 80-109 FPS
joined a normal game -> 5-10 fps

??????

Zer0HP