Jungler Yi Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eh Dee

06-07-2012

I got 3 builds. Which one do you think is best? Just say 1, 2, or 3.

1. Berserker's Greaves, Wriggle's Lantern, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer x3

2. Berserker's Greaves, Wriggle's Lantern, Madred's Bloodrazor, Phantom Dancer x3

3. Berserker's Greaves, Wriggle's Lantern, Infinity Edge, Madred's Bloodrazor, Phantom Dancer x2.

Personally, I'd think 3, but hey, I'm curious as to what you peeps think.

FYI, I always substitute Wriggle's Lantern for a Bloodthirster late game once I have enough gold (after I complete my build).

Aikimiller

06-08-2012

These will work against lower skill opponents, who don't coordinate or don't have CC.

If the other team actually has a brain though, they will just blow you up the instant you get close enough. So you're gonna need tank. Warmogs/Frozen mallet + Atmas, wits end, hexdrinker, things of this nature. And generally, I'd get the wits end rather than a 2nd phantom dancer, because you're so squishy- this makes you an easy target for their burst AP, who can generally kill you in a single combo otherwise.

DrDooma

06-08-2012

Lol, let me guess..... you are level 15? These builds only work in low level/elo games as you are too squishy to team fight later once they get cc. But if you like having fun and for the sake of the the question, all three builds are bad.

Greaves into wriggles is good. Then most hyper squishy yi's build zeal for the chasing power and movement speed. Then ie, then finish phantom dancer. From here you really need more sustain, get a bloodthirster, you will hit like a truck i promise. finish with another phantom dancer if you want.

Notes:1) never build three phantom dancers, you already have 100% crit chance and more wont help, your attack speed is high enough that ad is more important.

2) never build ie and madreds. One is based off of landing hard hitting, ad scaling crits, the other is based on attack speed. You are minimizing your crit damage by building a madreds. Its too expensive and you would do much more damage at the time if you simply built your second phatom dancer then.

3) I am begging you to add a frozen mallet in as an item. Your chasing power would be amazing, a massive slow on every hit, plus the added health would allow you to survive that initial burst to get to them. Once you are on them the blood thirster we added along with your wriggles will allow you to lifesteal sustain yourself

4) if you really are that fed that you can finish this build, and you are going to build this squishy, get a guardians angel, that way even if you do die early in the fight due to your squishiness, you will pop back up to pick off another two to three people when you revive

Eh Dee

06-08-2012

Good suggestions to keep in mind. Thanks As for the tanky build that Aikimiller suggested, isn't that usually used as a build for brawlers/bruisers?