Jungle Rumble Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestyChieftain

06-07-2012

Does anyone know where I can find a legit guide? The one on Solomid is really outdated. I remember someone doing it on a stream long ago and it worked well.

Amoc

06-08-2012

Personally I can't see how it would work that well. I can imagine that his flamethrower would be annoying to position while clearing camps, and his main ganking tool is harpoon. Harpoon doesn't have huge range, and Rumble doesn't have a gap closer, so you'd really have to make sure your ganking approaches were strong and you were good at landing perpendicular skillshots. Post level 6, however, he'd probably be a pretty decent roamer because his ult would probably secure kills pretty well.

DrDooma

06-08-2012

Rumble needs to start with a lot of base armor, yellows and a cloth armor are the only way you can do it. When i used to troll with this i ran movement speed quints, mr per level blues(these were just what i had at the time), and mpen reds. You start flamethrower and spam it up to yellow before each camp. Start wolves with help and then do blue with a leash. Level flamethrower when you can because you need it to clear the jungle, if you level anything else your clear becomes ungodly slow/impossible. Get harpoon at level 2 and go clear wraiths. (you can gank here to mid if you want but unless they are complete **** you wont get a kill) Rumble has no sustain, and this makes him a ****ty jungler, even with chugging your pots you will still be too low to do red without backing first so I would do golems if you can and then back. You should have about 300-400 gold at this point, get boots and as some(probably only one if you are lucky) pots.

Run back out to red, kill wraiths one more time, by now you should be 4 and at half health or less. Again, rumble is a ****ty jungle without sustain and will always be super low. Gank a lane, use shield to close gap, slow with harpoon and melees with red, use flamethrower for extra damage. If the lane you gank has a stun/root you might get lucky, but most likely they will turn kill you, and then run off laughing.

End result, you need to level harpoon to get a noticable slow for ganks, yet this means you wont have a shield or a way to clear the jungle. If you level sheild, you wont be able to slow on ganks, and while you will have plenty of health in jungle, you will be forced to constantly be jungling because your clear is so slow. And if you level flamethrower you will clear jungle with no health left, and wont be speed in on the ganks or slow them so you have no way to get in range. He has no sustain, no usable leveling path, his base defensive stats are too low, and the required starting build intems, regrowth pendent or cloth armor dont build into good items for him. Unless you are trolling dont use this build.