What counters Garen top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

06-07-2012

Champions that sustain easily work well. Ranged champions also tend to beat him easily, but it's harder to coordinate to let your AD carry go top, so Kennen, Swain and Vladimir are more likely to be the ones you'll use for that.

Laín

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Olaf

S0Stronk

06-07-2012

Try this sight. Not all of them are right, but there in the ballpark usually.

http://championselect.net/index.php?r=champions/index

Yavin4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Gangplank can counter Garen very easy, farming and doing damage. Things become really easy if you buy a Philosopher's Stone.

Prince Kassad

06-07-2012

Someone that isn't afraid of silence and can out-damage him (Irelia, Udyr) or someone that can kite him (Yorick, Kennen).

I once beat a Garen top lane with Ashe by maxing Frost Shot. It might have been the most fun I've ever had in this game. ^_^

Cyr

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
Someone that isn't afraid of silence and can out-damage him (Irelia, Udyr) or someone that can kite him (Yorick).

I once beat a Garen with Ashe by maxing Frost Shot. It might have been the most fun I've ever had in this game. ^_^
Basically this. Anyone that can out-damage him can do it and anyone that can kite him in his Decisive Strike. I've had most success with Udyr against him up top, level one tiger screws him over pretty hard. The harder you deny him the earlier he falls off. Simple.

Sunhammer

06-07-2012

uh malp he counters him easily. I mean he can use his q to slow him and then just run away.

Cyr

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunhammer View Post
uh malp he counters him easily. I mean he can use his q to slow him and then just run away.
Don't forget the increased armor steroid.

Tellua

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrengard View Post
Anyone with range: Vladimir, Gangplank, and Kennen work great
Quote:
Gangplank
No.

No.

solcroft

06-08-2012

I play both Garen and GP in a regular basis, and GP does not counter Garen top. Sure, Q spam on Garen sounds great in theory, but in practice what usually happens is that your mana regen and Q damage won't be able to keep up with Garen's tankiness and sustain.

Teemo on the other hand is a very solid Garen counter. You kite him all day long, harass with blind and toxic shot, and shroom the bushes to prevent him from camping there.