Is Kennen a viable solo que choice in Silver V?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VolvoTurbo

11-03-2013

I'm trying to find a top laner who doesn't get banned, had great utility, and good team fight. How decent is a kennen pick in silver v solo que?

Defect1v

11-03-2013

Typically I pick kennen as a counter to a lot of the melee/cdr-based dps champs. Ex. Darius, renekton, riven, others. I'm only Silver 3, but I do like Kennen a lot. Learn how to take advantage of marks and you'll jump that learning curve quick.

Azellos

11-03-2013

Definitely viable. Kennen's a strong champion overall, especially in the laning phase because of his ranged poke/harass, farming ability, CC, and ability to escape (speed increase+stuns). He's not as hard of a carry as other fed top laners can be, but he's typically a strong, safe, and useful pick.

Dancing Eel

11-03-2013

Kennen is viable, works really well with AoE comps like malphite, mumu, sona, miss fortune, katarina. he's also flexible because he can ad or ap. most people like to build zhonyas on him because he can use ulti while under zhonya protection. That and dorans rings/blades

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

There are two main problems with Kennen:

a) He is squishy. Most top laners tend to be tanky bruiser types. Playing Kennen could mean your team winds up with no real tank, especially if the jungler winds up being Yi or something. Watch for this in solo queue. Alternatively, consider a tankier version of him with a Rylais, Zhonyas, Abyssal, Guise, Deathcap, sorc shoes.

b) His damage is not very impressive. He can poke decently, but he has to really commit and go balls deep to get the most out of his stun and damage abilities. Which leads us back to problem #1... If he has lots of AP, he gets instakilled. If hes really tanky, he does no damage.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Well, to answer your question honestly, in Silver V He's quite viable.

But Silver V Is more built around your gameplay not the champion of which you play. If you win your lane and snowball hard, it doesn't matter who you play in Bronze or Silver.

Warrrax is right though, he's typically squishy and doesn't do tons of damage. Others are right that he works well with AOE comps and if you get a jungle mu/Malph/Volibear and an Anivia/Orianna/Brand mid and a Lucian/Missfortune/Varus bot you can really pick up some team fights.

Though, notice I had all tank junglers because you still need one. Orianna works really well with Kennen as well, because her ball gives him a shield and armor/mr to go in along with a speed buff to get in deep.

So basically:

1.) He's great with the right team composition
2.) Silver/Bronze is about mechanics, CS, and roaming.
3.) He's not a strong first pick.

CrownRocks

11-04-2013

Kennen is too squishy to win consistently against bruiser tops. Smarter teams will gank you constantly and ruin your early game advantage.

If you want to run an AP type top I would recommend Malphite, Cho Gath, or Zac.