Help With Top Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stevieray1123

11-04-2013

Hey guys, I'm currently a Silver III player looking to climb the ladder. I mainly play support, and I'm relatively confident in my abilities when playing that role. Jungler I'm ok at but it seems like the traditional "carry" roles, I'm pretty bad at overall. Mid I can get away with playing Karthus and surviving until late game, but I have an especially tough time playing top lane. Mainly because I always fill because I'm a nice guy and the people I play against top lane main top. Basically... how do I become more proficient at playing top lane? Common sense dictates I practice at it but how can I practice at it when I rarely get the opportunity to play it? Should I just stick with what I know (support)? Or should I find a way to practice lanes that someone else usually wants to play in (top) and become a more well rounded player?

Thanks guys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippo77

11-04-2013

I'd recommend stick to what you do alright with. In silver, the people that go top beg for top lane. And right now it's a lane where, if you get set back, you're going to be behind very hard.
Of course not all top laners are top mainers but I noticed just from playing 7 jayce games in silver that once you get ahead in cs or kills or both, they are useless and set back really hard. Can't do much team fights or late game besides what they already have like an ultimate that stuns and so on.

Silver is a place where the jungler should focus on camping lanes snowballing for your team, don't ask jungler to constantly help you try and get even.