Need help on how to practice new champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralSam

06-07-2012

I have played certain champions a lot but I would like to learn new champions. The problem I face is how to practice champions in a realistic environment. Co-op vs AI and customs is where I play them at first, but they are easily beaten and don't help me in actual PvP. I tried blind but there a lot of people just autolock in as a single role or mess up the roles, making it hard to either get the champion I am practicing or not getting laning experience with all of the disconnects and random laning partners (such as Darius when I was Vayne). That problem does not extend to draft, but I am not ready for draft since the normal matchmaking thinks I am at a certain level because I am winning with my main character, and the opponents are too difficult to face with a new champion. Also, people rage when I don't end up doing well and telling me to do Co-op or blind (which I explained above). Does anyone have a solution?

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

This is why there is so much Queue dodging in blind pick. I suggest trying to learn a couple of champs at the same time (An AD carry, a Jungler, etc) and then you will usually be able to pick one of them.

You also need to realize that YOU WILL LOSE the first few games you play with a new champ. I think the reasons for that are obvious. You complain that AI is too easy, but then draft is too hard? Well then, you will either get better with the champ, or lose enough games to lower your ELO. Then you can come back with your main champ later and raise your normal ELO again.

Cenerae

06-08-2012

Play co-op to learn the basics of how a champion works.

Then use them in Dominion.

Dominion won't help you learn how to lane with your champion, but it'll get you plenty of quick hands-on experience with the champion in fights, and you can experiment with builds while you're doing it.

And as an added bonus, since Dominion is far less serious as a map on the whole, there'll be less ruffled feathers if you underperform.

PonPonWeiWeiWei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

I think Flaven has a good take on it. When learning the game it is important to not only be good at one role. Picking a champion for each role and learning them as you can play them not only allows you to always be able to learn a champion you want, but knowing every lane just makes you that much of a better player.

DrunkGerbil

03-16-2014

If you really want to try to learn a new champ, try playing 1v1's with your friend repeatedly as the same champ. Maybe you will learn a thing or two.