Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What I've learnt from my 2 week ban...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

Its ok for your team to talk sh*t if you're doing bad, but not ok to talk back or you'll be labelled a troll and reported/banned. I did try to 1v1 the guy I fed (stupid I know) only to try and kill him, I'm sure it looked like I was just feeding.

Unfortunately, I got into a bad habit of text trolling my team if they start flaming me for doing poor. Its just a defense mechanism, because I feel bad enough for losing my lane on top of all the negative sh*t talking from my team. But, I'm not actually troll feeding, it must look that way in the tribunal based on my score and the silly and seemingly angry comments.

I'm surprised how easy it is to get banned now. I'm actually happy about this and will be adjusting my attitude in compliance. I just wish they would give more details about precisely what I did to get banned.

Also, does swearing get you banned? I mean there is a profanity filter on by default...and you can always mute if its a bother.

AeroWaffle

06-07-2012

Just stop at reading their text. Report them after the game.

Nothing forcing you to type out counter insults.

Edit: Swearing alone wont get you banned, unless it's extremely vulgar or is racist. It's insulting that gets you banned (and swearing at someone is a common form of insulting).

Zaresin

06-07-2012

Trolling your team for trolling you is just stupid....shows immaturity on your part that you participate in this behavior. That is why you were banned. Telling your team that you are trying but you need help goes further with us that do the tribunal then saying STFU or spamming noob. Both of which I will push punish for as it is contributing to a negative environment and I will tell you now...I don't give a rats behind if you didn't' start it. Its pathetic that complete strangers have to be your parents and tell you your behavior is reprehensible and need not continue.

Also: They have stated before they do not give out why you were banned as reporters are only able to select one option when reporting. IF you have ever done the tribunal you would know that there are most times more then one violation and reportable offense in each report per case. Therefore it is not accurate to give what they were reported for as it does not reflect what they may have been banned for.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

You're right, in fact I was muting everyone from the start of most games awhile back lol.

But typing counter insults would make an other wise boring loss entertaining, just looks bad from a tribunal standpoint. Yeah, I'm not going to anymore though.

I would use the word cu*t a lot in my flames with people. It just bothers me how they always have to point negative things out like I can't see I'm doing bad already.

Anyways, just looking forward for my ban to be over so I can get past this.

Zaresin

06-07-2012

Quote:
TimeStartsNow:
You're right, in fact I was muting everyone from the start of most games awhile back lol.

But typing counter insults would make an other wise boring loss entertaining, just looks bad from a tribunal standpoint. Yeah, I'm not going to anymore though.

I would use the word cu*t a lot in my flames with people. It just bothers me how they always have to point negative things out like I can't see I'm doing bad already.

Anyways, just looking forward for my ban to be over so I can get past this.

Do you use that word to describe your mother or grandmother while in her presence? Then do not type it towards others.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

I agree with you mostly Zaresin. It was merely a way for me to lol agmongst all the negativity of losing my lane. Idk maybe I thought it would teach people that flaming doesn't lead to anything...I know it was stupid. Its hard to ask people flaming you for help.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

No, I use that word to describe people who try to make you feel like sh*t for mistakes. As some overbearing females have been known to employ such tactics on others.

Zaresin

06-07-2012

I'll let you in on a little secret. They are baiting you wanting the ammunition to report you so that you will be banned. You fell for it. Now stop trolling them back as you are close to being perm banned.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

How do you know I'm close to perm ban? Troll? This game has become such a different experience from others. Really caught me off guard how serious the banning has become all of a sudden. No other game compares to it in all my experiences online gaming over the past 15 years...I applaud what Riot is trying to do here. I just question if its worth all the effort or if it'll only lead to more terrible and intelligent forms of trolling (if it hasn't already).

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

My point was I only trolled in chat, the deaths or "feeding" where just due to bad play. I never join any game talking sh*t or with any intention to start a flame war. Its just become how I deal with negative comments, throw them back. Except with a bad score it appears you're troll feeding. I know to play with the chat box permanently off the screen now to help me avoid sh*t slinging.

I can honestly say I've never attacked or expected an explanation when someone is doing bad. Unless it comes my way, and even then I'm not even serious and its something I only started doing in recent months since there is always someone in every game throwing out negative comments at every mistake. Whether its directed at me or anyone its hella annoying after 3+ years now playing this game.