How the hell did you rised your elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShumatsuNoKishi

06-10-2012

Then it "The Art Of Being In The Right Place At The Right Time" aka map awareness. Also read Sauron guide.

Insanus

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Except there are several players that did that and now can only win about half their games by playing OPs at their current ELO and far less when not playing them.
Haha. I wondered what happened to all those people who said they grinded elo in blind pick by only picking ______ OP champ

Cauldrath

06-11-2012

Personally, I find it easier to win with any random champ at 1800 than it was at 1500. Sometimes you need those OP champs at low elo to make up for the people you get matched with.

Argotto

06-11-2012

Play yorick, win matches. You eventually force a duo lane at bot while easily being able to hold it for extended periods of time while the rest of your incompetent team can fight 4v3.

Sad truth that turned a lot of people away from this mode is that far more 'bad' players seem to flock to it as opposed to SR. By bad, I mean people who REFUSE to work together as a team. Sure it happens in SR, but I feel it is more forgiving in that regard if everyone's personal skill is at least fairly high.

Argodis

06-11-2012

Learn OP champs and/or queue with friends. That's how about 80% of the high elo pop got there. Assuming you have a decent understanding of Dominion, once you get there it's pretty easy to stay there.

Outside of that, there are 3 ways to climb elo:

1) Gank bot a lot. I learned this from playing against many good players. You basically just abuse the fact that this is solo queue. Below about 1850 elo, people enjoy fighting at Windmill and they basically leave their bot lane to the wolves. Just gank bot most of the time and you will win. Ignore your teammates who tell you to stop ganking bot. They'll thank you later. This is by far one of the easiest ways to win.

2) When I played Orianna I simply relied on outplaying the enemy team at top. While this is fine, it is not the best way to climb elo. You may happen to run into a case where a champ hard counters you or run into situations where the enemy team realizes you are the only threat and they basically unload all their summoners on you every fight and you lose the game because you can't carry. You can climb elo this way but depending on your luck and choice of champions, this can go pretty fast or be slow and painful.

3) Sivir too stronk. Play champs that can crush bot. I crushed bot with Corki, Miss Fortune, and Sivir. Why did I play AD carries?

AD carries are fragile bot laners so they are very vulnerable to ganks. Fortunately, low elo players don't gank bot very often. If the enemy team allows you to free farm bot, you'll be able to 1v2 nearly any 2 champs on their team depending on your carry and who you're up against. However, you will occasionally get those games where your team is uncarryable and it does happen in Dominion more often than SR. It shouldn't stop you from climbing though.

I like Sivir as she brings decent utility in addition to being a decent damage AD carry. There are some bruisers and AP Carries that can crush bot as well but I typically used AD carries. Besides what I stated above, its just personal preference.

Overall, just learn lane matchups. As been stated already, play bot lane like it's top lane SR. Be aware of the map, CS, harass, request ganks, etc. When I go bot lane, I consider all of the following:

What runes is my enemy running? What masteries? What items did he/she start with? Is he/she a passive or aggressive player? Does he/she realize that he should win/lose this matchup? What does he/she plan on building? What summoners does he/she have? What champ on the enemy team is capable of ganking me and what summoners does he/she have?

When I see an Urgot start with a Tear, I know that I need to go for the kill early on. Urgot is a strong bot but there are some champs that can beat him if he starts with a Tear. I see Malzahar just used his W to farm minions, time to initiate and try to kill him. Maokai doesn't understand that although he is winning bot lane now, if he allows Sivir to free farm, he's going to be a free kill later regardless of how much armor he has.

X took Revive Exhaust while I took Exhaust Ignite so I force X to fight me and blow my summoners to kill him, bait him into using his revive to stop me from capturing, and back away. I do this to gain an advantage in lane and because I know that next fight I can do the same thing again and he won't have revive up and hopefully I'll continue to snowball from there.

The above examples don't always go in your favor but it's those small things that help you crush bot lane and win matchups that you shouldn't be able to win. If you want to carry you need every advantage available as you will likely have to 1v2 at some point. These are concepts that you have to learn in SR if you wish to survive the laning phase so it really doesn't surprise me that some of the best players I've played against in Dominion are Gold or higher SR players. (Not that I haven't played against good unranked players)

When I was high enough to be queued with top players, I got there by 2) and 3). I didn't really understand 1) until I got beaten by it a few times.

But again, you can just learn the OP champs and queue with friends like everyone else. Hue

Chavez Obama

06-11-2012

OP champs will get you Elo for sure. Wont make you much better though, that just takes time and practice.

Queuing with friends will work if you all try to win (so you know you wont get troll randoms). But if you do not try to win every game, you will prob end up losing rating in the long term with the way the rating system works. So no messing around, srs business.

N'th ing play bot. Funny enough, I'm pretty sure I got most of my rating from playing yorick/cass bot (hard to say what range or how much since it was the greater portion of a year ago). It's funny because I probably would suck at that now (hell, I kinda suck at everything now since I don't have much time to play).

But, starting off (maybe a month or two after dom came out) I played bot (I could win 1 v 1 most people). Then, once I got higher, people got smarter and would gank me (no idea what rating, no way to find at the time). So I switched to someone who could be mobile, gank bot, backdoor and do it all, which for me was blitzcrank. Got to around 2k elo before the Jabebot blind pick OP bonanza even began.

This was back when draft mode was alive and well. For today in blind pick, If you want to gain rating, guess it might be similar (no bans around to stop the yorick spam). Just need to pick champs that are either hard to counter or champs that counter popular picks. Or someone you are very comfortable with.

Anyone with the time to spare can increase his/her actual real rating, just practice. It could be good in the long term to use an OP to raise rating to get to play with good players. Then use other champs that you want to get better at.

Be the anti-Allen Iverson. Just play and improve. That's how athletes and e-sports teams do it, its the most sure way to get better. Work it into your subconscious, it is a lot faster when you don't have to consciously think about what to do, and instead you just do it tm. It's a game of milliseconds.

TheFrenchTickler

06-12-2012

-"Be the anti-Allen Iverson." words to live by, words to lol by ^^

MMKH

06-12-2012

When Dominion first came out, I actually mained Panth and Kass, but long before they were discovered to be commonly OP as we now know. Once I got bored of them, I experimented with some trollish builds like AP Corki, Zeal Xin, AD Mundo, etc.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
When Dominion first came out, I actually mained Panth and Kass, but long before they were discovered to be commonly OP as we now know. Once I got bored of them, I experimented with some trollish builds like AP Corki, Zeal Xin, AD Mundo, etc.
AD Mundo is so much fun, dem crits

FDru

06-12-2012

Tank Fiddle in blind pick.

I bet you think I'm joking.